You may remember that the giveaway prize was on my staircase. Kitty completed missed it! Really. Bloody amazing! I'm also glad the partially digested meal missed my running shoes and some tax paperwork. Well, maybe I really don't care about that tax paperwork, huh?
So on to the important stuff. That's right. What I'm wearing.
Uh....sorry. No. That must have been brain fog. This is a "family" blog.
Oh, yeah. Announcing the winner of the giveaway is supposed to be what I'm doing in today's post. Here goes.
The answers I was looking for are as follows but question 3 was kind of confusing so I allowed for that.
1. What is the name of the island where LOST is filmed and also contains the city of Honolulu?Special mention goes out to Quirkyloon who did a great job with the "Lost" related entries and to Tattoo Jim , Tracy, and David for their wild and crazy answers.Oahu
2. Name a flower starting with an "H" that grows well in Hawaii. Hint: sort of sounds like "biscuits". Extra credit if you spell it right.Hibiscus
3. What island did I visit last week and what island can be seen from the top of the Haleakala volcano most days?I went to Maui and the island of Hawaii (or The Big Island) can be seen from the top of Haleakala. For those that answered Lanai, I'll give it to you.
4. In Hawaii, if you're eating Pipi (pee-pee) Pupu (poo-poo), what are you eating? No, you're not eating shit, folks.
- chicken sausages
- wild pig stew
- beef appetizers
- whale blubber
5. I recently spotted a _______ near my house:
6. The excuse I use for anything that goes wrong for which I take the blame is:
- I've lost it from spending too much time on the Interwebs.
- My cat is deranged and drove me over the edge.
- God spoke to me and told me to do it.
- Brain fog.But any of those will do for #6.
But the following people answered correctly so their names went into the hat and since they spelled Hibiscus correctly, they each got an extra entry. Dizzblnd got an additional entry for being first.
- dizzblnd from Soggy-Doggy-Bloggy
- Eudea-mamia from Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit...
- Jacki from Moving at the Speed of Life
- georgie from Decisionally Challenged
- Elizabeth from Elizabeth and Her Invisible Chinese Baby
Perspective Cat licked his paw clean and reached in, then he withdraw his paw and started licking it again and then began to wash his face. He reached in again. This time he withdrew his paw and scratched himself.
SIGH! DAMN CAT! GET ON WITH IT!
So I threw some more fish in the hat. That seem to do it. He reached in one more time and the fish stuck to an entry so out came the paw with the piece of paper that reads dizzblnd.
Good Job and Congratulations! I will send you the prize. Please email me your address at caroljean.fo@gmail dot com. Your prize is the cell phone beach chair!!!!!!
If you didn't win this time, tune in next week. I have one more souvenir and I think you will like it. I love caption contests so I'm going to find a truly bizarre picture for you to caption.
Thanks for playing. I really appreciate all of you!
Smileys from humor-blogs.com are always welcome.
Photo of ReformingGeek's real cat was taken by neighbor Steve Johnson but Projectile-Vomiting-Beast can be yours for.........Never Mind. You don't want him.