Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yoga party

Is it possible to "party" at a yoga conference? I'm about to find out. Hubby and I are leaving Friday evening to head west (and north). We will eventually wind up in Estes Park, Colorado for a yoga conference. Yes, hubby is attending. He is signed up for what they call the "Beginner's Conference" but I don't think he's cares so much about that as he does for the Rock Climbing and Yoga event that will be next Thursday, prior to the conference. I opted out of that one after my experience with rock climbing in Alaska last year. I'm terrified of heights and it was only a 50-ft cliff. All I can say is that I got to the top. I rang that damn bell. Later, I rappelled down. That was even more scary but I secretly admit that it was thrilling!

So back to partying. Our lodging at the conference includes vegetarian meals. One small problem. Neither hubby or I are vegetarians. Our friends tell us that there is a great place in Estes Park to get beer and a burger. Yep. We'll be going there a few times, and to the Mexican food place, the Chinese place, etc. Seriously, I can do vegetarian for a limited period of time but I'm not ready to give up my meat. After all, this is the south and we like our comfort foods. I'm hoping it's not vegan. I'm definitely not ready for that.

Now, back to partying (no, really). We will find beer and we have friends that are also attending the conference. That sounds like a party to me. We hope we do not end up this way (a redneck's version of table-top pose or incline-plank):

Redneck Yoga



If you want to see the other photo that goes with this one, I found it on this site Redneck Yoga. A few years ago, I got these pictures in an email then I forgot about them. I recently revised them when I needed a good laugh. Other funny yoga stuff is Bush yoga. Yes, it's a joke.

I may not have much time to post while I'm gone though I will try to keep up with my favorite blogs. I don't want to miss rants, polls, captions, energy debates, political satire and campaign-bashing, and last but not least, discussions about the twig-and-berries and/or boobies. ;-)

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Machinist said...

I wonder what his back felt like when he woke up? Ouch!

Have a fun trip, Ma'am.

ReformingGeek said...

Thanks. Yeah. I bet that hurt. He probably needed someone to topple him out of that chair.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"