Friday, June 5, 2009

Cooking up Bloggers Shawn and Meg!

It's that time again. That's right. I'm finally back in the kitchen testing recipes and trying new pots and pans to find the best cooking method for burning roasting bloggers. It's taken me awhile to get the goods on some of you so I needed the long break. Then came the prep work in the kitchen. Some of you are very tough and needed some serious work with the tenderizer mallet. BAM! I've got some muscles to show for it.

But I prevailed. I was able to beat the following talented bloggers into submission today: Shawn from The Shark Tank and Meg from Prefers Her Fantasy Life.

Let's start with the shark guy, Shawn. The first thing you see on his blog is a shark licking its chops. Maybe this creature is thinking that I might be tasty, with a little fattening up and some seasoning, but so far I've managed to get it to back off with a promise of cat, fox, or *giant-mashed-snake for its next meal.

So what does this Shawn guy get up to? He's very funny even if he is confused about certain aspects of the animal kingdom. He blogs about a large variety of topics so you can't pin him down. I guess he likes it that way, huh?

But, you know me. I'm practicing to be a E-Stalker of the Year so of course I found Shark Guy stepping out. Here he is playing in the wrong tank:

OK. Which one of you farted?

Shark Guy has apparently always had a fascination with tanks. I caught him as a baby looking for his pacifier:

Guess who is upset about this? That's right. Perspective Cat's cousin Pathetic Cat was wanting his fair share. I'm not sure there would be much left of Mr. Fishy if the cat had its way.

Shark Guy's goose has been cooked. Now I'm ready to pan-fry the next blogger: Meg. I like Meg. She's a girl after my own soul with a colorful past in San Francisco. She's going thru some changes in her life right now and she needs our support. But that will have to come later as she is now sizzling in my frying pan and she sure does smell good.

She has lived her life under assumed names so it was again tough to find out her inner most secrets. But I'm no quitter. She claims to like dancing and has even posted pictures of herself wearing funny shoes bouncing around like a pogo stick making all kinds of racket. But, she hasn't been very honest with us. Her real talent is acrobatics. That's right. Here she is in a fantastic costume entertaining the crowds in Belfast:


You go Girl! Also, she said something about teaching school? Her students had better behave themselves. During her time in the circus, she came home with this guy as her pet:

Where's that friggin' apple, Boy?

I hope you had a good meal and enjoyed the company. Stay tuned. It's always a surprise to see who will be the next cooked goose around here. Also, the Humor Bloggers Virtual Road Trip will make a stop here mid-June. It's everything you always didn't want to know about Cowtown (and didn't ask) in two quick, exhausting days. Eat your Wheaties!

*I recently encountered the giant, smashed snake while out for a run. EEEEWWWW!

Photo credits: tiger tank: some email, fish bowl: some email, acrobat: goodonpaper on flickr.com Creative Commons (see sidebar for license info), dragon: jeffhenshaw on flicker.com Creative commons (see sidebar for license info).

31 comments:

Julia D said...

hah! great post!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Reffie!

But dang I always get hungry after reading your roasts!

You are the roaster extraordinaire! heh heh

ReformingGeek said...

@Julia - Thanks. I'm glad you liked dinner.

@Quirky - Thanks. Go eat some cheesecake and save some for me!

Nooter said...

mmmm... cheesecake...

Shawn said...

Ohh yeah, roasted to a golden brown. I'm not confused about the animal kingdom, though. Everyone else is. I'm just trying to show the way, but I expect to be shunned and misunderstood along the way. Most revolutionary thinkers are.

Thanks, Reforming!

ReformingGeek said...

@Nooter - Please don't eat Quirky's cheesecake!

@Shawn - You're welcome. You cooked up rather nicely and yes, your mind goes where no other has gone before.....

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmm roasted shark! I LOVED it!

Both roasts were yummy. You are so good at that

ReformingGeek said...

@dizzblnd - Thanks. You are so sweet and I'm glad the shark didn't get over-cooked.

Anonymous said...

NOW you're cookin'! LOL

Fun post. :)

The Old Silly from Free Spirit Blog

Anonymous said...

You just cooked two of my favorite bloggers...well, er...next to you, of course. Yeah, that's right: I mean, AFTER you (of course, on their blogs, I say something else).

Suzanne said...

Yeah! You're back at the roasting! Wonderful choices too. If only I would have caught this before we ate. The husband and I went after the yard work pretty hard today and throwing frozen pizza's in the oven is all the energy we had for dinner.

ReformingGeek said...

@Marvin - Thanks. I LOVE me some cooking.

@unfinished - Of course and yes, they are great folks!

@Sue - Thanks. That's funny. We threw in a frozen pizza for lunch. After lunch, we finished up in the yard/car before it got any hotter. Sheesh. It feels like summer already!

Hit 40 said...

Great round up of the week for us!!

Excellent.

Mike said...

Um, definitely not a tub of water that I want to be in!

ReformingGeek said...

@Hit 40 - Thanks.

@Otin - Um, no. I'll pass on that one, too.

Marissa said...

Shawn is so hilariously random. Pathetic Cat has such a human expression! Looking forward to the Road Trip stop here.

Nooter said...

mmmm... tigger soup...

ReformingGeek said...

@Marissa - Yes, that Shawn. He was tough to track down.

@Nooter - Oh, Nooter, it will just give you a bellyache.

The Constant Complainer said...

I hope you had a great weekend.

Fun post. I just checked out the blogs you suggested and left comments on both too.

Jean Knee said...

you know.... cat tastes just like chicken

ReformingGeek said...

@Constant - Thanks. You, too. I hope you like the blogs.

@Jean - And you know this how?

Bee said...

I disagree with jean knee. Cat tastes like frog legs.

Meg said...

Thanks so much for the ah...roast. But you forgot to mention how difficult it is to pole dance to the bagpipes. ;)

ReformingGeek said...

@Bee - And you would know that, how?

@Prefers - My apologies for the oversight! ;-)

United Studies said...

My favorite is that picture of the lions in the tub....the caption had me laughing.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Nice...I love a good roast! Pass the gravy...

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - That is a funny picture. Thanks.

@VE - Thanks. Gravy headed your way.

thesharkguy said...

There is another Shark Guy? Say it ain't so...

Anonymous said...

any changes coming ?

Anonymous said...

Интересно написано....но многое остается непонятнымb

Anonymous said...

и всё эе: бесподобно! а82ч


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"