Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Get Some Caffeine, it's a MEME!

First of all, thanks for all of your nice comments about my new blog design. I'll probably stick with this one for awhile, or at least until the next one. Ha! Check out the tabs at the top if you haven't already. I've got a tab for VE's "spoof" of my blog and there is a tab that describes the geek family members that aid me in my attempts/non-attempts to reform.

Now on to the ABC's meme, with a little flair of course. Meadowlark did this on her blog, Just Wandering Through. She did a great job and I didn't need caffeine to get through it. I hope you won't either.

A - Age: Yes, like a fine wine.

B - Bed size: We finally parted with our waterbed several years ago and went with separate beds. I'm just kidding. We have a queen size bed.

C - Chore you hate: Dusting does not bring me great pleasure, just a good sneeze.

D - Dog's name: Nooter. Didn't you know that Nooter is everyone's pup?

E - Essential start your day item: Green tea, OJ and TOAST, duh.

F - Favorite color: Purple

G - Gold or Silver or Platinum: Yes, and lots of it.

H - Height: According to my mom who is 5'9, I'm short. I'd love to be 5'6 but I find myself just short of 5'5 on most days. Got heels?

I - Instruments you play: Piano, flute, recorder, air guitar (very poorly according to Hubby)

J - Job title: Gym Grunt and Fitness Instructor but I still think of myself as a Business Systems Analyst in the corporate world. I occasionally fancy myself a writer.

K - Kid(s): No goats here. Oh, wait. You meant children? Nah. Just puke-ball the cat.

L - Living arrangements: The House that Jack (or Juan) cheaply built.

M - Mom's name: Dot

N - Nicknames: ReformingGeek, RG, Reffie, Girlfriend, anything else I consider flattering. If it's unflattering, see the letter "R" and duck.

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: Medicine allergy (My neck swelled up and Mom freaked out, of course.)

P - Pet Peeve: Cats that puke..... Sorry about that but it said "pet" peeve. As for people, I don't like snobs and stupidity, and for things, I don't like water all over the place in the bathroom. Wipe the counter, please!

Q - Quote from a movie: I got a little carried away: "Make my day" - Dirty Harry , "I'll be Back" - Terminator, "I am your father, Luke" - Duh. "The Styrofoam, it weakens me" - Bolt", "Yippee ki-yay, mother fecker" - Die Hard, "Bring out your dead" - Monty Python

R - Right handed or left handed: Right but I'm working on my left hook.

S - Siblings: One brother.

T - Time you wake up: It depends on the party.

U- Underwear: Do you mean have I burned my bra? Of course but I will find one to wear if you're coming over. As for the other girlie garments, let's just say there are no granny panties unless it's laundry day. I'm not promising you a thong, though.

V - Vegetable you dislike: Beets and brussel sprouts (Yeah. I know that's two).

W - Ways you run late: I'm usually early but if I'm late, I probably lost track of time or didn't realize it would take that long to get from A to B. I always blame Brain Fog.

X - X-rays you've had: I wish I had x-ray vision but I don't think that's what's being asked. I've had my wrist x-rayed after crashing on downhill skis, and yes, it was broken.

Y - Yummy food you make: Homemade Mexican Stew, Cookies!

Z - Zoo favorite: It wouldn't be the snake exhibit.

You read this far? Wow! I'm impressed. I have some very aromatic flowers for your reward:



This rose bush is giving out some good vibes this year after a disappointing season last year (Hum....sounds like the Texas Rangers.)

Photo credits: Pink Rose Blow-out: ReformingGeek on a friggin' hot day in Texas!

27 comments:

Mama-Face said...

that was just what I needed to get to know you. Now, I feel like an official follower and or stalker.

"see the letter R and duck" lol a lot.

Elizabeth said...

I read Y as "Y: Yummy food you make: Homemade Mexican Stew Cookies!" and thought "hmmm, that must be an interesting cookie", then I noticed the comma between "stew" and "cookie" and everything made much more sense!

Anonymous said...

Ah you forgot your infamous rich and delicious fudge Reffie!

Very nice!

*slurp*

Anonymous said...

Ha! Too much fun. Thanks for the wit & yuks for my early morning blog-hopping.

But no thong? Not even for the old silly? - certainly DH gets a treat if he's good about keeping the bathroom counters wiped down, right?

The Old Silly from Free Spirit Blog

ReformingGeek said...

@mama-face - Thanks. Internet stalking RAWKS! ;-)

@Elizabeth - Well...there are some cookies I make that have chili powder in them.

@Quirky - I'm trying not to think about fudge right now or I might have to make some.

@Marvin - Thanks. Hubby does do well with the counters. ;-)

United Studies said...

Great meme answers...and I LOVE your rose bush! It's beautiful!

Shawn said...

Green tea AND orange juice? That's fluid overload! You can't do it!

Meadowlark said...

Fudge Reffie?
Do tell! Do SHARE!!!!!

:)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - Thanks. I'm proud of the pink rose bush this year. It's saved from the mulcher!

@Shawn - There is no such thing as fluid overload.

@Meadowlark - I make fudge at Christmas. Last Christmas, I gave some away to the first few bloggers that wanted some. Quirky got some and she's quite the fudge fan!

SplitRock Dozer said...

"strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

I often quote The Holy Grail but more often than not people dont get it and think I'm out of my mind. ;-)

Unknown said...

They make some awful looking brown paste to get PC to keep from hacking hairballs.. that is IF you can get him to eat it.


I LOVE the Die Hard quote.. one of my favs too.

I am not sure if I want to try your Mexican Stew Cookies... yes I saw the comma.. but still

Thank you for the roses they are beatiful

Unknown said...

thats "b e-a u tiful" Bruce Almighty

Suzanne said...

Please don't tag me, Please don't tag me, Please don't tag me, Please don't tag me, Please don't tag me, Please don't tag me.

And yes you would look good as a Vulcan. I'm trying to get the husband to the movies and I think I can talk him into Star Trek. He's already said no to Land of the Lost.

Nooter said...

woo-hoo!
(nuzzle)

ReformingGeek said...

@splitrock - "I fart in your general direction."

@Dizzblnd - I'll make your cookies with chocolate chips. Is that better?

@Sue - NOBODY is tagged unless they want to be. You will love Star Trek!

@Nooter - Pat, pat. You're such a good pup.

Anonymous said...

I was really enjoying reading your answers and wondering what I'D say if I had to do a meme.

Usually, I say "no f**king way!"

Kirsten said...

the snake exhibit, huh?

Kirsten said...

PS-Thanks for the flowers!

ReformingGeek said...

@Dana - It's your lucky day. You don't have to do it!

@Kirsten - That would be NO snakes for me. NO snakes. Did I say NO snakes? Yep, I did. I saw one dead on the street today during my run. I gave it a wide berth.

Maureen said...

I can totally agree with your Pet Peeve... having three cats myself.

Excellent responses.

Da Old Man said...

Great movie quotes.
:)
You needed them all.

Unknown said...

Great meme !!! I loved the responses :0

Marvel Goose said...

The PINK rose of Texas seems vaguely communist. One of the Hunts will be by later to toss gasoline on it.

ReformingGeek said...

@Maureen - Thanks. I'm convinced cats are aliens.

@Thanks. Yes, those quotes come in handy sometimes.

@dani - Thanks!

@Marvel - Oops.

Meg said...

Great meme!

I always liked the quote from The Graduate, "Plastics."

Deb said...

That was actually fun! You can make memes fun! Now THAT takes talent!

I love the Die Hard quote, but also from that same movie is "Welcome to the party, pal!", which is another great line! Of course Jaws had "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

ReformingGeek said...

@Prefers - Thanks and I'm amazed at people that can pop off movie quotes quickly. I had to ask for help on that one.

@Deb - Thanks. Yes, I have to make them fun because they are basically boring otherwise! I love those quotes!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"