Thursday, June 25, 2009

Color Me Purple, Pink, and Hearted!

You may remember that I'm trying to reinvent myself. You might ask what that means?

I have no clue. When you figure it out let me know.

I was able to come up with an idea to make some money. I'm going to try my hand at fashion design. That's right. I've plucked out my few remaining brain cells on the right side of my brain and developed some awesome original clothing designs.

Don't you just LOVE this dress?

Pathetic email photo purposely crudely altered
for your entertainment

It comes with the hat that kind of matches the shoes. You do remember I said my arms were getting tan although I seemed to have shrunk and I'm looking a bit pale....

And that color-coordinated dog? That was an after-thought. I don't know where it came from. It was something the cat found and presented to me on the back doorstep. Amazingly, it doubles as a purse!


Also, since there is an ample amount of roadkill out here, why not design clothing based on dead animal skins or other pieces and parts?


Uh, ReformingGeek?


Yes?


We already have fur coats and PETA gets all upset about them. Yeah, I know about the coats.

This is different. Keep reading. You'll like it.


My idea is a great way to recycle and it should be OK with animal rights activists as I'm just using what something else killed and left behind, right? What do you think of this?


Another pathetic email photo provides a snicker

I found those feathers in the yard. It was after the cat had been out for awhile so, um, well, I guess he was hungry.


In other news, as predicted by our weather forecasters, it's freakin' hot here. Cat doesn't know how to handle it although he seems to have the right idea here:


Iz turns back on grey lap beast and sleeps with one eye open
to make sure it doesn't attack me.

Last, but certainly not least, I received an award from a very talented and funny blogger. That sweet and snarky mama-face from Blog Ignoramus bestowed this pretty heart upon me:


Now I need to choose 4 other recipients. I don't usually do this but I will this time just to be ornery. I love all of you but here goes: Enjoy!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Reffers...I was chuckling and laughing along then you...brought a tear to me eye!

Thanks! You're such a sweetie pie! Anyhoo...I appreciate it berry berry much.

And I love that dress on you! Ha!

Meadowlark said...

Love ya, but that style TOTALLY isn't you!!! ;)

Nooter said...

that cat looks like its just about ready for roastin'. get the bar-b-que sauce and napkins!

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirky - Thanks. Pink is so my color...

@Meadowlark - Well...um.....yeah, you're right.

@Nooter - Kitty is snoozing. Leave him be.

Hit 40 said...

Aren't you a sweetie!!!

I will put it up on the side for us :-)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

love the pink it makes you look years younger.

The Constant Complainer said...

Congrats on your award. I just went and checked out Mama-Face's blog too.

I can't dress myself, let alone give feedback to anyone else, but I'm giving you an "A+" for your design efforts. I think it looks nice.

Suzanne said...

I love your blog too!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one desperately in search of some useful brain cells.

Oh, I'm just not going to comment on the dress, I think that would be best.

Marvin D Wilson said...

Shut up. You had me from "Roof Proof." Gawd you look gorgeous in the little people mode with the fine gown. :)

Preshiate the shout out, Reforming One - (wink)

The Old Silly

ReformingGeek said...

@Hit 40 - Thank you and it will look nice on your shelf!

@Queen-size - Thanks for that. I think.

@Constant - Thanks. I need all the encouragement I can get with this new venture.

@Sue - Silence is golden.

@Ah, thanks, Marvin. Enjoy your heart square.

Jean Knee said...

we have so much road kill around us

and it is soooo freakin hot!


oh right we both live in hell, I mean Texas

Mama-Face said...

Whoa, your head is kinda big there. Is it just the lighting, or what? Not that you aren't beautiful no matter what...but yeah, that is a WAY big head.

Must be all the love your feeling.

Chris said...

Good blog choices . . . I myself am a huge fan of the Quirkmeister.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Silly me...I didn't even know painted dogs were in right now...

Christina Bledsoe said...

What marvelous designs! :) I think a color coordinated animal (of any sort) is an absolute must have nowadays. Don't leave home without one. A real fashion diva wouldn't.

On a serious note, this was a great blog post. Very funny.

ReformingGeek said...

@Jean - Hell is correct right now.

@mama-face - I will work on humility.

@Chris - I can't imagine the blog world without Quirky!

@VE - How did that slip past you?

@Christina - Thanks. It was fun!

Mike said...

Cats always look comfortable, no matter what the temperature!

AD said...

Lol. Found my way over here finally from Dizzblnd's page. Glad I did. :D

I think you'll make millions, by the way. :] . . .Does the dog come with a dress and in a different color, perhaps?

ReformingGeek said...

@Otin - Cats have us all fooled.

@AD - Welcome to my world of madness. So you want your dog in blue or something? ;-)

Funnyrunner said...

Aha! You found me through mama face. I love her! I had passed the award on to her... Cool blog. Are you a runner, too?

Elizabeth said...

Ha ha! I love the "lap beast"! I'm sure that's hat my dogs think my laptop is too!

ReformingGeek said...

@funnyrunner - That's right, mama-face! Yes, I'm a runner. Right now, I feel like I'm going thru the motions trying to survive the summer!

@Elizabeth - The cat likes to run his face against the cords. Silly thing.

United Studies said...

Hahaha...so what would you recommend we do with all the deer laying on the side of the road? What could we turn that into?

I must admit, though...that dress is all kinds of wrong for you.

Thanks for the award! :-)

ChrisD said...

Yes ... that cat definitely has the right idea. Us humans think we're so clever - but really, we're not. :)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - Venison chili

@ChrisD - We like to think we are, though.

Ann Imig said...

I came all the way over from Unfinished Rambler's comments to thank you for your comment on his Sunday Shout Out.

Oh, and the dog is cute and all, but he clashes with your biceps.

Later Gator!

ReformingGeek said...

@Ann - Thank you. Guess I'd better lay off the weights for awhile. Just between you and me, I'm not that tan! ;-)

honeypiehorse said...

I think the recycled fur is brilliant!

ReformingGeek said...

@honeypiehorse -Thanks!

Julie Wein said...

awww, what an adorable cat! Looks somewhat like mine. He's on the couch pretty much all the time too.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd love to thank you for such a great made site!
I was sure this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/monster-truck-party-supplies.html]monster truck Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

hi there, my name is Eva.

found this website and read some great discussion and feedback so decided to join

i am happy to help others and offer advice where possible :)


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"