Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is This What You Call Cooking?

I bet you think I'm cooking something. Well, I am. Um..sort of. It's more like "cooking up" something.

Welcome to a new ReformingGeek series.

A friendly roast.

I mean roasting friends. Blogging friends! Don't worry. No friends were or will be smoked, grilled, sauteed, or boiled while writing this post.

This is how it started.

Crotchety said he was my friend. I'm wiping away tears of joy that I have one friend.

OK. One friend in New Jersey. Wait a minute. I know another guy in New Jersey. I will have to "friend" him on Facebook and see if he is really my friend. Afterall, isn't that the way we know who our friends are?

Um.....it's just a tool, ReformingGeek. You don't have to let it control you.

But, but, but.....Oh, OK.

So thanks to Crotchety's idea of calling out other blogs, I'm roasting thanking my blog friends. In the interest that you have other blogs to read, I'll limit myself to three roasts tributes today and call it Thursday's Trio. As to what I will call it next time, who knows?

Let me make sure you understand. I think all you are wonderful. If I didn't get to you today, don't worry, your time will come and after you finish reading this post, you might be thankful you weren't mentioned!

First, I get an occasional visit from a gnome. This is one strange gnome, aka VE, and he brings disaster wherever he travels. Be careful booking your next trip. Make sure VE is not scheduled to be there. I was spying on him one day and snapped this picture:


Look at him trying to hide from me amidst the bamboo and the wild ivy. I'm such the horrible Paparazzi that I drove him to this depth of despair. Or, maybe he is stalking female gnomes in this garden or maybe he is working on a escape plan for trapped gnomes inside the house.

He should fit right in, though, as this is my eccentric neighbor's garden. This neighbor decorates his lawn with not only gnomes but large metal sculptures of a monkey hanging from a tree, a pair of eyeglasses, and a couple of cows (the most recent addition that appeared last weekend). More pictures to come.


Now Quirkyloon is one of my first "blogging buddies". She is a super lady and lives up to her quirkiness. I tried to follow her one day and catch her singing opera in the grocery store but then I discovered her secret. She is actually not Quirkyloon, but Madonna. That's right. Since I'm such a great Paparazzi, I again snapped the photo nobody else could get. There she is:




I'm sure this will make me rich.

Waiting for the money to come rolling in.


I thought for sure that the Humor Bloggers might want the scoop.

Still waiting.

Oh well. I guess I won't quit my day job.

Movin' on.

Nooter - I always thought Nooter was a good pup; a little slow, sure, but afterall he's a dog. Then I saw this picture of him contemplating the tastiness factor of Little Miss Red Riding Hood:


BAD DOG, NOOTER! NO LITTLE GIRLS FOR DINNER, OK?

I have to include Da Old Man Crotchety in this salute, although this will make four roasts instead of three (Yea! I can count). He is a funny guy and I can just see him terrorizing the state of New Jersey (Is NJ really a state?) I went looking for a picture that makes me think of him and I found the perfect shot. He's obviously very thirsty:



I hope your enjoyed your meal. Those of your that weren't roasted today, maybe you will beg me to not include you next time!

Photo credits: Gnome: ReformingGeek, Madonna: AbsoluteMadonna.com. All others were from various emails that have floated around the Internet.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

All are great choices for your roast. I shall eat them all for dinner tonight.

I can't believe QL is actually Madonna, I didn't know madonna was that loony.

Nooter is quite the dog, his human is lucky to have him!

I am sure yo nailed the pic of DOM right on the head! That is hysterical.

Nooter said...

hey?! am not slow, im the fastest dog in the park, well one of them anyway. i can run really really fast especially in a straight line. and that little human was someone i met on craigslist, she offered me a snak and said i could have more if i came home with her to watch movies 'n stuff but i said no; my human says im not supposed to go into strangers homes cuz bad things could happen to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawsh!

Once again we are to buddies in a blog! You gave me linky love (I think heh heh) and I gave you linky love to day too!

Something in the air? I feel a song coming...

Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time!
Like a veeeer-errrr-errrr-er-gin
When your heart beats
Next to mine

(Hey I didn't realize I was so hawt!)

Thanks Reffie...now here's a roofer for my reffie!

HA!

Wait is this a drug free blog?

LMBO

ReformingGeek said...

@dizzblnd - You might want to take a purple pill before you eat!

@Nooter - I know you're a sweet pup!

@Quirky - Happy Pills or funny ciggies are always welcome while reading (or writing) my blog!

Meg said...

Quirky, Crotchety, VE and Nooter--sounds like a traveling comedy act.

Good choices.

Jen's Farmily said...

I love those pictures!! The one of the big bad 'wolf'! hee hee.

ReformingGeek said...

@Prefers - I bet they could do well traveling together!

@J and J - Thanks. That's one of my favorites.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Of course whenever I view a full monty I turn into a gnome and then I hang out at your neighbors foilage and peek into your windows. Kind of like paparazzi but much less obnoxious

Ed & Jeanne said...

Oh...and thanks for the roast! I'm glad I'm not a vegetarian...

Da Old Man said...

I don't think I was ever roasted before, and I like it.

Thanks.

ReformingGeek said...

@VE - You are so sneaky!

@Da Old Man - Good. It was tasty!

Elizabeth said...

Funny post! And I loved the picture of the husky with Little Red Riding Hood! Too cute. But, um, I having a hard time getting past the fact that your neighbors have a monkey hanging from a tree, a pair of eyeglasses, and a couple of cows. Are the eye glasses on anything, or just big glasses sitting in the middle of the yard? Monkeys freak me out, so I'd have had a midnight raid to destroy that thing ASAP. And cows, hmmm, interesting. You are very patient to put up with all that "lawn art!"

Jean Knee said...

I like veal more than roast

Suzanne said...

Nooter had me fooled all this time! I was going to set him up on a play date with my dog Buckeye.

ReformingGeek said...

@Elizabeth - Thanks. Yes. My neighbor really does have eyeglasses and they are sitting on the yard. He and wife are very sweet but a bit strange when it comes to decor.

@jean - I'll make sure I cook veal when it's your turn.

@Sue - He had us all fooled!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"