Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Swinging for Spring

Ah, spring is in the air. We have budding Redbuds and Bradford Pear trees in the area and they look almost like the photo (Yes, I'm too lazy to take my own photo!) They made me smile and think of swings. I like swings. I could do that for hours as a bored 10-year old.

I wish I had a swing.


Let me clarify. I want to swing on this:




Not this:



And then I saw this:



Huh?

This is somewhere in the UK. I think I should head over there later this spring to find it, or at least to take my picture on it so I'll have something to post on my blog.



I'm happy for the break from the cold weather. It's nice to not have to run wearing 3 layers, a hat and gloves. I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation.....slowly.

The squirrels are chasing each other and the rabbits are reproducing like.....er...rabbits.

I'm still cleaning up leaves and the oak trees are starting to bud and drop their tree poop all over everywhere. That is, it looks like poop when it mixes with rain and makes the driveway into a greenish-yellow slip 'n' slide.

The snakes are probably starting to wake up and that scares me a bit.

My neighbor crawled out again on Sunday and caught Hubby and I in the yard. She dragged me all over her yard and then said she had to get back to work (She had stopped her mulching mower to come interrupt me but now I'm holding her up?)

Thanks to all of you for your advice on how to handle the neighbors. I think I'd better just accept them or else I might do something that will make me end up in swing #2 from above.

I think I'd better stop now. It's not really spring yet. Mother Nature is only playing a very cruel joke on me. I'd better prepare myself for a little more chill.

ReformingGeek crawls back under her rock, grabs her binkie, and starts to snore softly......

ReformingGeek thanks flickr.com Creative Commons for the photos:
noose: mlhradio, basic swing: Special, swing sculpture: tim ellis, trees: cavalier92
Licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah..we're having a cool down before the heat sets in for eight miserable months!

And...of course your gardie neigbor nabbed you...you returned her book and now she can show you what she learned from re-reading it for the 1,426th time.

heh heh

Anonymous said...

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Nap outside in the warm weather in a hammock. Just be sure you're out of your neighbor's view. (Maybe that stone will also ricochet towards her forehead.)

Unknown said...

I can't wait until it gets warmer !!!!

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirky - Yeah. She should have the books memorized.

@Marissa - I'm building a bunker.

@dani - I've got a bad case of spring fever.

Chat Blanc said...

Tree poop!! I always wondered if that crap had a name. :D

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

We had a very spring like week last week. We enjoyed every day of it, spending as much time outside as possible.
Now we're back to 30 and 40 degree days.
Mother Nature can be so very cruel.

ReformingGeek said...

@Chat - Tree poop sounds good to me!

@Tracy - The cold hits here tomorrow. DAMN IT!

United Studies said...

So you like to *swing*, huh? ;-)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - I was wondering who would be the first to pick up on that. Good job! ;-)

Jean Knee said...

I can tell it's spring here by the increased amount of road kill

Deb said...

Might be under 2' of snow here now - which is worse when it melts because then we have Mud Season until May, oh joy. I will live vicariously through you. Please post pics so I know there is hope.

ReformingGeek said...

@Jean - It's time to get out the road kill stew recipes.

@Deb - I went to Colorado in late April....once. Yep. Mudville.

We are getting all of our rain for the season right now so photos may have to wait!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"