BE QUIET SYBIL!
Anyway, I'm reading the information on the back cover and it explains how the meditations may make you very relaxed or that you may even fall asleep. OKEY DOKEY. I understand. I get it. And then the last line:
Do not listen to these meditations while driving.WTF? Why did they have to say that?
Oh yeah. It's because someone will do this, fall asleep, crash their car and kill someone or themselves. In other words, trying to become one with their car and a tree or something like that.
But wait. There's more.
I was cleaning a drawer (yes, I do this every few years) and noticed the instructions for my hair dryer. Insert plug into outlet. Read all the directions before using the product. Do not plug too many items into one outlet. Yada yada. And then:
Do not use while bathing.WTF? Why did they have to say that?
Oh yeah. It's because someone will do this and die. Well-deserved. Maybe there's hope for the gene pool yet.
Other ingenious ways to kill or maim yourself:
- Ladders, power lines and you trying to occupy the same space. EEEEEK!
- Stepping on the sheetrock while up in the attic. SPLAT!
- While driving, turning around to look in the back seat taking your eyes off the road and/or moving the steering wheel with you as you turn your body. YIKES!
- Pull up at the gas station pump, get out of the car, and light up a cigarette. Pump gas. KABOOM!
- Substitute something unstable for a ladder because you just don't want to go get one. WHAM!
We all hope that we won't die because we did something stupid. If this happens to me, I hope that whoever writes my obituary will kindly omit the details.
Hope you have a great New Year. See you on the other side for more fun and games!
Let's bring in the new year with some smileys over at humor-blogs.com.