Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stringing up the lights - #2

Today it's freakin' cold in Texas. It's so cold that my brain is frozen so I don't have much to say (Hubby is saying something sarcastic about me not having much to say. I think I heard the words "Hell" and "freezing" but that's all I caught).

I finally broke down and pulled out more decorations. I got bored after about an hour but at least I got out a few of my favorites. That's right. More stuffed animals. Actually, I do have some "grown-up" decorations. I have some Steinbach nutcrackers and a few Russian Santas. A few years ago I finally bought some silk flowers and some garland. Wow! Big-time Martha Stewart here!


I didn't actually say that I had hung the garland did I? Doesn't everybody put garland on the floor mat?

I really don't have that many Christmas decorations. I plan it that way. We don't have much space for storage and I refuse to pay to store stuff somewhere else. We also don't have much space for displaying decorations unless I remove all of my other crap collectibles and replace them with the Christmas decor. That is way too much work and is SO NOT ME!

Check out the new Christmas Coyote on the sidebar. He's sporting some seasonal colors and was apparently hungry while I was giving him his makeover. He seems to be having a snack.

Tonight I'm partying with the girlfriends. This means wine, good food, wine, good friends, more wine, and gossip updates on other friends. Also, guys, we NEVER talk bad about you at these gatherings. You know that, right?

Yeah, right.

Tomorrow it's the Secret Santa Can Suck It Gift Exchange organized by Bee over at Bee's Musings. We are suppose to show a picture of the gift we would have purchased. It's a secret so I can't tell you who my recipient is but I think you will like the gift that I hand-picked for this occasion.

So today I leave you with this festive Christmas card:

Season's Greetings from Texas


P.S. I see a great weekend shaping up. You may remember that my yard has all the leaves from Canada. Hubby and I have put off leaf clean-up as it's not our favorite chore but I don't think we can let it go much longer. I'm having to rake leaves away from the doors to get in and I nearly lost the cat in a dust devil (leaf devil) last week. Also, I hope I don't find any slithering surprises in the piles.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE the coyote snack! Hilarious! Oh and consider me another UNdecorater of all things Christmasy!

It pained me when my son asked, "When are we going to put up the tree?"

Me in my head, "Do we have to?"

Bah humbug!

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirkyloon - Seriously, I don't mind decorating once I get started but if Hubby isn't into it, then it's much harder for me to get into it. W finally bought a small tree that I can assemble in 3 minutes. That's it folks. It may or may not get ornaments this year.

At least it's fun for kids though!

Ed & Jeanne said...

The problem with decorating for Christmas too early is that you're all done. Then, you go and buy something else to add to it. Then something else. But next year...you have a bazillion things to put up. That's why I wait until 11:59pm on Christmas eve...

ReformingGeek said...

@VE - That is so true. It happens to me every year. Some years I just put out the stuff that I buy.

Deb said...

I always put garland on the door mat. It's so anti-Martha that it's become a tradition!

That coyote is one tough nut to crack.

Bee said...

I want leaves from Canada! :o)
We are having nice mild temps this week. We're at about 25 degrees. Summertime!

Unknown said...

stoppin by to see if your my SSCSI partner....I will be back ;-)

ReformingGeek said...

@Deb - Ha! One nutcracker down, 10 to go.

@Bee - Are you sure about wanting those leaves? Please stop by with your rake. I think we had 25 degress this morning. No thanks.

@georgie - Yes, the day has come for Santa to reveal all...

Unknown said...

Festive cowboy boots? Like it!

ReformingGeek said...

@Chris - Yeah! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Got some of very nice tips for home decoration from your post, thanks for sharing them.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"