Thursday, December 11, 2008

Special Delivery from Secret Santa

Bee over at Bee's Musings has organized a Secret Santa Can Suck It reindeer game. She was nice and let me play! The rules are to show a picture of what I would have purchased as a gift if I'd had the money, or cared.

So here's the picture and a little story for my sucker fellow blogger Georgie at Decisionally Challenged. After hours of dedicated study of her blog and realizing she is just one state to the north in freezing Oklahoma, I have found the perfect gift.

I was out for a Sunday drive just north of where I live when I found this little beauty:


Photo: Rob Porter

Uh....ReformingGeek, it's an empty building.

Well, not exactly. It's an opportunity! You've told me over and over again how you want to "tell the boss to stick it where the sun don't shine". Now you can. That's right. I have purchased Mable Peabody's Beauty Salon & Chainsaw Repair Night Club just for you. That's right. Only in Texas (or Arkansas or Oklahoma) can you find such a variety of services in one place.

Why oh why did you do this?

Your BFF told me that you have great skills at repairing household items (using duct tape and bailing wire) and you are very creative with your blog posts so beautifying some toothless chick and repairing her guy's chainsaw should be no problem. I'm told you enjoy copious amounts of alcohol so operating a night club seems to be right up your alley.

I also heard that you're an excellent pole dancer. I suggest you add that to the night club act to boost profits.

Here's a sampling of your prospective customers.


You start 1/5/09. You'd better start packing.


Merry Christmas!

Please smile for me today Santa!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...lucky gal! Can you imagine the profits?!! I mean, where else can you get your haircut while getting your chainsaw fixed and watch a funny blogger pole dance -- all while slammin' back a shot of whiskey and a long neck? I'm sooooo jealous!

Unknown said...

Dear God in Heaven I am surely going to hell ina hand-basket...

FINALLY someone recognizes my enterpernual expertise...

I Love to put drag queenish makeup on unsuspecting victims and give them BEEhives,mr gp's chainsaw IS broke and we all know how lucrative the peep show biz is...

when I make my first $1 I will autograph it and mail it to you cuz I am seriously goin places with this 3 in 1 biz

TYTYTY my momma will be so proud and i will be the talk of town-might even get my 'name' in lites

Ed & Jeanne said...

Man...what a great gift. I hope they have franchising...

ReformingGeek said...

@AngieSS - Yep. It's the perfect gift.

@georgie - I'm soooooo glad you like it! I'm clearing a space on my wall for the $1.00 plaque.

@VE - You'll have to check with georgie about franchising opportunities. You might give her a couple of years to get things going though.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Chainsaw repair and a nightclub all in one! Sounds like a winner to me!

Funny RefGeek, purdy funny!

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirkyloon - Thanks. When I found that picture, I just couldn't resist.

The Hussy Housewife said...

I'll help with the poll training! Just call if you need me ☺

Tonya said...

i am totally going to have to road trip just to be a customer, i sure i can find a broken chainsaw on the way.

ReformingGeek said...

@Hussy Housewife - Thank you for offering to help. ;-)

@Siren - It's in Denton, Texas. Really.

Bee said...

ha ha! I love it! You can go straight from the beauty parlor to the night club and if you find your man with another gal go get yourself a rusty chainsaw.

ReformingGeek said...

@Bee - Thanks, Bee....only in Texas.

noexcuses said...

Rambling sent me over. What a hoot! I wouldn't know where to start at your establishment, But I bet that the evening would be a lot of fun!

Great post!

ReformingGeek said...

@noexcuses - I'm confident that Georgie can make it a success! Thanks for the kind words.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"