Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Goodies and The Gong Show

I just couldn't call it THE BONG SHOW. Keep reading.

Things sure are smoking around here getting reading for Christmas. We will be entertaining family for Christmas dinner and extended family the Saturday after Christmas. After you read this post you may think that smoking is the wrong word.

Oh lookie. ReformingGeek's got herself all wrapped up in an apron again.



Uh oh......now what?



FUDGE! That's right. You know it's getting close to Christmas when the fudge appears. Hubby's office buddies will be very, very happy with the leftovers from this round of Christmas goodies.

And what's this?


Yep. You got it. *RUM BALLS:

If you said dog poop, thanks for that!

* No male mammals were harmed in the making of these balls.

It's getting close to Christmas and I would like to offer you a token of appreciation for reading this stuff I call writing. The first person to send me an email here (caroljean.fo@gmail dot com) with their address will receive a small tin of fudge or rum balls (ingredients list below). Please specify what you would like. They keep well so you don't have to worry about a trip across the country.

Since I'm in a baking silly mood, I got to thinking about "special brownies". These are the kind with pot, not Ex-Lax, and I'm not referring to the vessel rednecks use to stew their road kill. I'm talking about stuff you smoke in a bong; maryjane, grass, weed, reefers and doobies and I'm sure NONE of you ever tried it in your wild youth. Now there are other reasons I'm thinking of weed but I just can't elaborate on that on the Interwebs.

Also, Tracy over at Rambling Thoughts of the Never Ending Mind gifted Bee over at Bee's Musings some of this stuff in its native form so can you just imagine poor Bee and the issues she may encounter?


"Hey neighbor Bee. Need some help pulling WEEDS today?"

All of a sudden "friends" she has not seen in years arrive with tote bags and spades.

When a strong wind blows, Bee's spirits are very, very HIGH and all of a sudden and she's posting like there's no tomorrow.

Bee is paid a visit by hippie dude and his love children.

The squad car that formerly made weekly rounds through Bee's neighborhood has increased its frequency of drive-throughs and she's noticed the officers are now ordering 2 dozen donuts each on their breaks and the buttons are popping off their shirts.

OK, enough already. It's getting late in the week before Christmas. Go finish your shopping or something and have a refreshing adult beverage and toast me for making your mouth water and for bringing back memories of your wild youth. Remember to send me that email if you want the goodies and THEY ARE NOT MADE WITH WEED I PROMISE.

Take mercy on me and all these corny puns by clicking on the smiley and voting for me over at humor-blogs.com.

*Fudge ingredients: Sugar, chocolate, marshmallows, milk, pecans, vanilla, butter, salt
**Rum Ball ingredients: Rum, chocolate, sugar, corn syrup, walnuts, vanilla wafers

For those of you sensitive to foodie blogs, notice that I DID NOT post a recipe!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I just emailed!

hoping, hoping, hoping, hoping, hoping

I want the fudge! GIMME FUDGE! Please?

Great post AND...I have to confess I wouldn't mind some of those "special" brownies...they sound, um, delicious? (and enjoyable! hee hee)

The only thing that would make the gift sweeter is a pair of those platform shoes! Those are killer! LOL

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirkyloon - Thanks. Yes, you did win. You are one lucky girl. Maybe you should squeeze in a short trip to Vegas or Reno? ;-)

Machinist said...

Mmmmmmm!! Fudge. One of my fondest memories from childhood, when rocks were young, was Mom's fudge at Christmas time. It never lasted long.

Da Old Man said...

I snoozed, I losed.
:(
The goodies look great.

Da Old Man said...

Oooh, forgot to tell you, the votes are in, make sure you stop by tomorrow to see who won the caption contest this week.
:)

ReformingGeek said...

@Machinist - It doesn't last long around here either! "When rocks were young".....I love that!

@Da Old Man - Thanks. You can still claim the rum balls if you want them and don't worry I'll be visiting you tomorrow!

Bee said...

Dang it! All that "weeding" now has me craving that fudge!
Damn popo! They best not be taking my bud!

I have the same problem with my apron which is probably why I'm always setting my kitchen on fire.

Marvel Goose said...

I always wanted to be able to say, Oh Fudge!

Having had the special brownies in my life I can attest that the Stomach High feels weird. You don't mention Stem Tea, which is another weedy concoction.

ReformingGeek said...

@Bee - Yeah. What is it about chocolate that makes one crave it?

@Marvel Goose - I'm not surprised. I'm really quite innocent. I had to ask around for names outside of pot and weed and as for other uses of the cannabis plant, I'm clueless. ;-)

Jean Knee said...

I didn't realize rum had balls

Da Old Man said...

Of course I would be happy to claim them.
:)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jean Knee - Yeah, it's amazing the things you learn trying to be a foodie. ;-)

Da Old Man - Great! I would love to send them to you. Just need a street address unless you want me to toss them in a north-easterly direction and hope they make it!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm commenter number 13. I'm sure that I'm not gonna be the first one to e-mail ya. Even though I have to say that they look mighty delicious...

ReformingGeek said...

@dani c - You weren't first but I'm glad you stopped by. Thanks.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"