Monday, December 22, 2008

Nutty Celebrations and Caption This

It's the time of the year when all the relatives start coming out of the woodwork or in some cases you come out of the woodwork to go see the relatives. Is this irony at its best?

Relatives. We've all got them and from some of the family-get-together posts I've read lately, some of you guys are related to some serious nut cases. Hubby and I are fortunate. We have the weirdos but we keep them at a safe distance under lock and key in some podunk town down south.

Our celebrations are limited to the immediate family and an extended family celebration with Hubby's cousins. We are hosting the extended family celebration this year next Saturday.

That's right. I will make sure I have consumed plenty of rum balls to prepare for this event. Also the liquor cabinet is full of tequila and the fridge is full of beer. We are all set.

Also, we survived hubby's work Christmas party. Hubby was very happy all evening. I think it had something to do with multiple glasses of red wine or maybe it was the co-worker who gave him a face full of cleavage when her short personage while standing hugged Hubby while seated . Or maybe it was the lack of disco music and the obvious oversight of the band not starting their dance set with "Brick House". WTF? I WANT MY DISCO!

But at least Hubby danced with me. He won't dance to disco. I have to do that on my own. (No, I WAS NOT dancing on the table last year in my undies. That was just a rumor. I have an alibi, really.)

Finally, the caption. I found this cuddly cute picture on something the Humane Society sent me but it needs a caption. Please help me out. I can't promise you a special award but I'll post your winning caption and tell everyone how great you are. Winner announced Christmas Eve.



Reach down deep inside and find some kitty Christmas cheer. Please extend that cheer to a vote at humor-blogs.com.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Santa Claws is coming to town!

OR

You better not meow!

I'm happy you survivied the work Christmas party! Those can be killer. At least for me they are.

Now for the real fam...those can be killer too! And no rum balls for this Quirky..I have to depend on my sense of humor to get through it all

HA!

ReformingGeek said...

I think my sense of humor is lost on Hubby's cousins. I doubt any of them read our blogs.....maybe that's the problem!

It's me said...

I have nothing brilliant to say for the caption... the old standbys: santa paws, etc. But I did want to wish you and yours the happiest of holiday seasons.

And our liquor cabinet is full too!

ReformingGeek said...

@MeadowLark - Thank you!

Marvel Goose said...

Naughty? Nice? It makes no difference to me. EVERYBODY gets a lump of used Kitty Litter.

or

My life has passed before my eyes 4 times already. I gotta get a better life.

Bee said...

You know what they say, if you don't know who the crazy people in your family are, it's probably you. ;o)

Embrace it, I did.

ReformingGeek said...

@Bee - Yep. Twitch. Twitch.

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Oh, I can totally relate to the relatives. Of course, mine aren't southern so much as backwood, inbred (I am not kidding on this one), West Virginian Hillbillies. That makes for a great party.
To host a family party for my distant relatives, all you need is Budweiser in a can or Old Milwakee, also in a can, and several bowls of munchies like Cheetos, Doritos (both regular and the ranch kind) and Funyuns. And then you need some hillbilly Christmas music playing and you're set.

Ok, on to my caption:

"Even I am sick of all the cute stuff they keep sticking us in! The next person that calls me "Santa Claws" will get their eyes clawed out"
said the cat.

ReformingGeek said...

@Tracy - Yikes! Budweiser. Cheetos? Oh my, my.

Anonymous said...

Have I told you how grateful I am to you that you are doing both get-togethers?


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"