Friday, December 5, 2008

Stringing up the lights - #1

I'm off to a slow start for Christmas this year. I got out a few decorations this week to see if it would boost my spirits.

First, let's start with my little tea party. These guys are having a great time out here. SnowDad started a blog and being the geek that I am I'm helping him with a few technical issues. The primary problem seems to be water in the keyboard in warmer weather. We can't quite figure out what's happening......

GingerMom is the Martha Stewart of the family. She's all into the holiday baking and trying the different holiday-flavored coffees and teas and is very picky about her holiday tan. She's expressed interest in a blog but continues to find her fingers go missing so it's hard for her to type. The squirrels around here have a sweet tooth so I can guess what is happening to GingerMom's fingers.

My wreath finally arrived; all the way from Maine. It's a wreath to make Deb proud.




I want lights for our house. To offset our immediate neighbors that must have some sort of twisted red fetish, I want white lights for our house. They must be in perfect alignment along the edge of the roof line. Ha! I'm not sure I have the patience to do this and being scared of heights doesn't help with getting the lights on the 2nd story roof.

We do have some lights for our front door and we have a pine tree that we could put lights on and we have some lighted wreaths. We also have a really cute iron bear on skis that my brother made. Unfortunately, some of the lights don't always work....

We'll be lucky if we get any of this stuff put out this season.

My plan was to show you this house that has inflatable decorations for every season with Halloween and Christmas being their favorites. I think they even had inflated Easter Eggs one year. Anyway, I was unable to get the photo and some of their decorations must have eaten too many beans and farted out all their air. There were colored pancakes all over their yard.

I'll do a decorations post again as folks finish their decorations and I find something awesome or something at least worth a good rant.

So what do you do when you can't finish your post according to plan?

Well, you just insert a picture of a hottie. Isn't that what the guys always do? So here you go:




Ha! Sorry guys. This one's for the gals. I really like that purple shirt. So can anyone guess what show I'll be watching starting in January?

24 - BRING IT ON!

And yes, I did watch the "catch-up" movie a couple of weeks ago.

How about some deflated smiley Christmas cheer?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely a Scrooge when it comes to decorating! Ugh. And no, Martha doesn't live here either!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels meh about Christmas decorating!

And... that picture of Jack is totally hawt!

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirkyloon - Thanks! I'm ready for me some Jack Bauer and I'm going to get out the rest of the decorations soon.......yeah, right.

Unknown said...

Decorations ? What are those ?

Chat Blanc said...

zomg! can you believe they're making us wait til Jan for 24?? I'm outraged! We need Jack to save the day. Oh, and your tea party guests are super cute. Can't wait to see what the big colored pancakes look like inflated. :D

ReformingGeek said...

@dani c - I think decorations are small trinkets of appreciation given to war veterans.

@Chat Blanc - Thanks. And, yeah, Jack and all his buddies (while they are still alive) would have the outside lights up in no time.

Marvel Goose said...

Man, that GingerMom is one smart cookie! I bet you can't catch her - out!

ReformingGeek said...

@Marvel Goose - Ha! Very good. I'm a bit worried about here tastes. She could have anyone and she chose melt-man.

Jen's Farmily said...

Mr. C and I are big slackers when it comes to decorating. But, we rent so it's sort of like 'blah'. Maybe when we own our own house we will. Or rather, I'll whine until HE does it. hee hee. :)


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"