Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Awards and the Christmas Coyote

Before I get down to business, I want to thank some really awesome bloggers for giving me awards. I am truly honored!

The first award came from QuirkyLoon over at Musings of a Quirky Loon. She's very funny and one of my recent favorites is this post. Also, check out her new layout. Nice!



The latest addition to my award shelf (yea, I have an award shelf!!!) is from Random Chick at Confessions of a Random Chick. Yep. Lots of folks confessing stuff around here in the Blogsphere! Like me, Random Chick speaks from the heart and she fits right in because she's just as crazy as the rest of us.




Thanks again, uber-bloggers.

Today's post is really very short as I've been waiting around for a delivery for the past couple of days (and you know these folks will only give you a very large window to wait) so there's not much going on right now.

You've probably noticed the coyote in my sidebar. If you haven't, please check him out. For the season, I'm thinking I should dress him in a Santa costume or at least a hat.

Are you posting about the wildlife again ReformingGeek?

Um, yes. I saw Mr. Coyote's brother yesterday. And yes, I was out running again. Race day in T - 80 days and counting.

What I saw was a thinner version not chasing me but running towards me. When I first saw him, I thought that it was a really skinny dog with a funny gait moving quickly. As he got closer I saw that he was holding his right front paw off the ground as he ran and it finally hit me that this wasn't a DOG.......

I'm glad that he turned off on a small side street. He stared at me for awhile, probably trying to figure out if he could take me on three legs.

Poor thing was probably hit by a car on the busy street not too far away from where he was. Seeing him run with a limp (is that called rimping?) really tugged at my heart strings. I'm a sucker for animals. I guess I could find a cat for him to eat........

Just kidding. We've had too many cats that have fed the coyotes in our neighborhood. Not fun. Actually I think he was after my awards. Sorry, dude. No can do. Now Scram!

Speaking of neighborhoods, folks are getting out the outside Christmas decorations. Check back later in the week for crazy decoration fever down here in the windy south. With the winds we've had, I may find be able to offer rewards for the return of traveling lawn decorations. Also, I now have all the leaves from Canada in my yard. Thanks for that.

Smiley the Christmas Coyote needs your vote!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have a rimp too! (love it!)

But, I do have an idea for you in these tough economic times. Any Christmas decoratios that fly into your yard, you quietly pick them up and tell no one.

Then, you have a giveaway at your blog here! *wink, wink*

heh, heh

Desperate times, call for desperate measures!

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirkyloon - Absolutely!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Wow, you have all the leaves from Canada? Hold on to them and sell them back to them in the spring! You are just reaping with awards; it's a wonder you can run with them all dangling around you! ha ha

ReformingGeek said...

@VE - Now that's another idea to make some money for us semi-unemployed folks.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you deserve those awards!

So now the coyote makes sense! I just thought it was some wacky widget on your blog. But he's stalking you? I think you're right he wants your awards!

Just throw him some Thanksgiving leftovers and he'll be your friend for life. I hope the little guy ends up okay...

Deb said...

Make sure you down a Jolt or two so you can outrun the gimpy coyote. You may have a problem if he brings backups. Can you run with a shot gun strapped across your back?

ReformingGeek said...

@Deb - I could carry a backpack and put the gun in there.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the window. Your yawning coyote makes me want to yawn, too. :) He could use, at the very least, a few jinglebells and holly on a nice collar. Just to cure his boredom and get him in the mood. :)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jenn - Thanks. I'll keep trying to get the spirits up around here!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"