Monday, August 17, 2009

The Girl with Two Heads Jumped the Couch on a Bike!

Summer is heating up again down here in Texas just as the kiddos have about another week of freedom from their respective prisons. Most of the teachers report for incarceration today.

It's been a wild and crazy summer. Da Old Man Joe helped out the medical and insurance industries by spending way too much time in the hospital and rehab and Chelle has apparently been nibbled on by a zombie and requires brain surgery. So what's a friendly and helpful geek to do for her blogging buddies during these tough times?

I'm glad you asked. Since Crotchety's couch was destroyed or maybe I should say sacrificed during the process of getting needed medical attention (for him, not the couch), I started saving up my pennies and was able to find another couch at a great price:


Joe, it will ship Monday. I think the shipper is something called Allied Waste Services.


As for Chelle, well, I think that all she needs is a spare head. That's right. Just in case the zombies take too much out of the one she currently has:


Chelle is scheduled for surgery to append the extra head on Thursday. I'm a little concerned. Something seems to have happened to her suntan.


Oh wait. Isn't this blog supposed to be about me?

Of course it is.

I've started shopping for dikes. I googled but the results didn't show anything with wheels. I was rather embarrassed at what Google showed me. Um....I just don't think geological formations, dams, and.....er....

Uh, ReformingGeek?

Yes?

I think you mean bike, B-I-K-E. Are you dyslexic or something?

Oh wow. Mayde.


OK. Let me try the Google again. T-R-I-A-T-H-L-O-N B-I-K-E-S

Phew. Much better.

Now this one would be nice:



But I'm a little short on pennies so maybe I can find something like this that reminds me of my first bike:



Most likely this is what I'll be able to afford:


I'll pass on the lock.


Photo credits:
flickr.com, Creative Commons license (see sidebar): couch: awhyzip, 2heads: Mooi, big wheel: srossi, banana bike: Here in Van Nuys
Tri-bike: online biking retailer

20 comments:

Marvin D Wilson said...

Can't wait to see you blazing across the finish line in the Big Wheel - lol.

But why would Chelle want to have surgery? Her man must just LOVE all the smooches coming from all directions, not to mention what two mouths could ... okay, let me stop. This is a family friendly blog.

The Old Silly

Anonymous said...

My money's on the Big Wheel. That's the ticket Sista!

heh heh

I'm sure DOM will appreciate the "new" with a capital "EW" couch.

You're such a kind and reforming Geek! *smile*

ReformingGeek said...

@Marvin - I think we could all use an extra head occasionally. ;-)

@Quirky - I wonder if that big wheel meets the requirements for the biking stage of the race. ;-)

Deb said...

I'm with Quirky on the Big Wheel. Is it a downhill course? You can fly on those things! DOM will be very happy with that couch - it just screams "Crotchety"!

Mike said...

Is that a girl with two heads, or Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley!? LMAO!

Hit 40 said...

Bikes are expensive!! My hubby spent $1200 on his. He felt that he bought a cheap one. His friend just bought one for $6000. Just nuts!!!

ReformingGeek said...

@Deb - Yeah. I thought the couch would be a great fit!

@Otin - That's a good question!

@Hit 40 - That's crazy.

Bee said...

Joe is the monkey's bananas! Glad you got him a new sofa and that one looks super fancy!

I wondered where I'd left my 3 wheeler!

Da Old Man said...

That couch would be perfect. Thank you for thinking of me.

honeypiehorse said...

That picture looks like Zaphod Beeblebrox. Nice.

ReformingGeek said...

@Bee - I'll be happy to ride the 3-wheeler up to Chicago to return it to you. ;-)

@Da Old Man - You're welcome. I hope it arrived it two or less pieces.

@honeypiehorse - Thanks. I just want the extra head!

Mama-Face said...

LOL. The couch on the curb. So classy. I carry my camera around for that purpose alone. Not that I've seen one yet; but you never know. Mayde.

Anonymous said...

I'd offer you my bike but it has a motor and I'm pretty sure that is against the triathlon rules...

ReformingGeek said...

@mama-face - It's amazing what people throw away!

@Jamie - A motor? That's what I've been missing. Cool.

Jean Knee said...

hey, you can have my kid's princess bike--she never rides it

Christa Bledsoe said...

If you hold Big Wheel races, can you please video tape it and show us? That would be great! Loved the post, very funny as usual :)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jean - I may need that!

@Christa - Thanks. I think I would probably fall off the thing!

n said...

Ha! I love IT! At least you prob. won't break anything falling off the Big Wheel. Though the blow to your ego may be fatal! Hilarious stuff, RG, keeps me rolling.

the inadvertent farmer said...

What kind of place must one live to call for the need to lock one's big wheel up? Kim

ReformingGeek said...

@Julie - Thanks. I can only hope there are no crashes!

@Kim - Good question.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"