Monday, June 22, 2009

Fried Brains

What? Do you think I'm writing about food again?

Um, no.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We are headed for an over abundance of triple digits to describe our temperature this week and I'm NOT ready. I asked Mother Nature for a few more weeks of temps in the 90's and well...er..she wasn't very nice when she said "no".



I read that many of you had a lousy week last week. I think you must have passed that to me Sunday. I was out running on the Grassy Knoll, grass airstrip dodging sticks from the last storm and the body snatchers and landmines came out in full force. There are holes on the side of the airstrip probably caused by an underground spring. The grass has cleverly disguised the holes. Living inside are snakes, urchins, body snatchers or maybe zombies and they reached up and grabbed my ankle. I took a big stick and pounded them off me. PHEW! That was close. You see, folks, I'm paranoid for a reason.

Note to self: Catch and dispose of hole dwellers. Fill holes.

Then I stepped in gooey poo. Oh, ick, ick, ICK!

Note to self: Look down next time. Find animal that left poo and see above for description of hole.

Now don't call PETA, OK?

I finally finished my run and made it home. Fortunately, Hubby was very sympathetic and let me whine for a few minutes.

Running while the sun is up has resulted in nicely tanned arms and almost tan legs but what's up with my nose? It stays red most of the time. I'm starting to feel like poor Rudolph and it appears as if Rudolph has also found the poo!

What the....? Oh, crap.


Yeah. I know. It's time to break out the sunblock. I need to get rid of the sweatband line on my face, too.

I still have more brain cells than my neighbor. Late Saturday afternoon, in the heat, she's out working in the yard next door to her property. I'm playing nosy neighbor from the comfort of my A/C and my bay window. This property is directly behind us and has been sold to a family that does not live in the neighborhood. The new owners are doing NOTHING to keep the grass weeds under control but they do appear to be moving junk stuff into the hangar for storage.


Apparently, my neighbor grew tired of looking at the mess. She was soon joined by her entire family, including grand-kiddies. Oh yeah. I'm sure that was fun for them.
I enjoyed watching them as I sipped some wine, though.

We've been told the new owners will be altering the hangar in some way in order to build a house around it.
Uh huh. I wonder if they're interested in indoor plumbing.

Anyhowsit, last year, Hubby tried to do his part caring for this property by running his mower up and down a few times. It was still owned by folks living in the neighborhood and he was just helping out. This same neighbor comes out of her house and starts fussing at him because he's "throwing leaves towards her property". There is no pleasing this woman. So, yes, more power to you, Neighbor. Clear, clean, mow, weed-eat, burn the place down, whatever. Just don't get heatstroke. I don't want to practice first aid skills on you.
I'd have to put down my wine.

On the other hand, maybe I don't want her to get too industrious over there. She might find the bodies I've buried.....


In other news, we should be getting a new roof at some point this week. I seriously doubt I'll be greeted with this as one of my roofers:

Um...

Photo credits:
Rudolph: Eric Beglin on flickr.com, Creative Commons license (see sidebar), Mother Nature, some email, Um...: some website.

29 comments:

Mama-Face said...

Um...thanks for the picture. drool. What roofing company did you say he works for?

Here's what I think, and I am not trying to scare you or be paranoid or have you call the police...but I think that neighbor is spying on YOU.

I'm not saying why I think that. Unless you give up the roofer...(is that what you would him, a roofer? hmmm)

Anonymous said...

First of all that is hilarious how you are enjoying watching child labor in force while sipping wine!

And second of all. Hello? There should've been a warning before showing that heavenly male specimen! Whoa. rrrrRRRRrrrr

It's hot in here.

*sizzle*

heh heh heh

ReformingGeek said...

@mama-face - Yeah. She's definitely a spy. Now that's MY roofer. Keep back. ;-)

@Quirky - Sheesh! All I needed to do was throw up a picture of that hottie and I would have been done for the day!

;-)

Ed & Jeanne said...

You can have our 60 degree days with clouds...

Sanewithoutdrugs said...

I love to watch the neighbors!! I think the one to the left lost her job :-( Don't know. She is hard to talk too/ bites.

The photo is excellent!! Very hot

Marissa said...

I was reading this and thinking, "Oh these are perfect pictures to go with the post." Then I got to that last one and said out loud, "Wow, these are the BESTEST, MOST AWESOMEST pictures ever on the entire internet forever and ever!

Unknown said...

What a good girl you are. I can barely lift my leg to put my big girl panties on and you run. God I wish I were not so old. and fat. and lazy. 'sigh' Loved your roofer

Deb said...

That is not a roofer. You know that, right? He's on a subway. Roofers drive trucks with bumper stickers that say "There are no ugly girls at closing time". Just wanted you to know.

ReformingGeek said...

Sane - Yep. He's a cutie pie.

@Marissa - Thanks. He's all mine, Sweetie.

@ettarose - You're not old. You LOVED my roofer? For shame. ;-)

@Deb - You're just jealous because the roofers down here in Texas look like that. Ha! Well, he's a fireman but they get on roofs so.......

The Constant Complainer said...

Wow, that picture of the dude was so awesome RG. NOT. Haha!

Anyway, I hope you had a great weekend.

The weather sounds so nice there. We are finally just getting into the 80's here. LOL.

Chris said...

Hsha. "Throwing leaves". What a loser face. I would have gone ..."Why yes, you're right, they do throw leaves." And then I would have accidently mowed over he beloved rose bush or something. :D

ReformingGeek said...

@Constant - Sorry about the hottie. I guess you can have the ape. ;-)

@Chris - Her view of the world is very narrow sometimes.

Bee said...

That is why I don't run. That and the fact that my butt gets in the way.

That dude is major hummmanahummmmana

Suzanne said...

OMG! Don't give up hoping for that roofer to show up. You never know. But then you're going to have to find a way to keep him under surveillance while in the air conditioning near your wine.

ReformingGeek said...

@Bee - I'll run for you, Bee, and I'll keep watch for the "roofer" while I'm out.

@Sue - A girl can always hope - as long as she has wine.

Unknown said...

damn here i was all set to find a Zombie brain recipe. I killed one last night.. but the brain is so tiny I didn'tknow what to do with it.
I am glad you didn't twist your ankle running through the holes.


If you ever DO find a roofer looking like that PLEASE send him my way when you are "done" with him

Jean Knee said...

ohhhhh

what was this post about again?

ReformingGeek said...

@Dizzblnd - I'm hoping that when I fill the holes, the zombies won't be able to get me. As for the "roofer", um..well...sure thing, Hon.

@Jean - Heck if I know.

United Studies said...

When we first moved to our house, Emma would just sit and watch all of our neighbors, because at our other house, we couldn't see anyone else. Now she just waits for the slightest sight of a kid and she runs out the door to play.

That last picture....WOW.

Marvin D Wilson said...

Hey! Where'd you get that picture of me? No not the one on top of the post - the roofer guy! OK mebbe I was a lot younger, but still - where'd you find it?

The Old Silly

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - It's good to know Emma's not shy! Yeah. That's a great picture.

@Marvin - Well, um, having some issues with extra body hair?

You've probably figured out by now that the last guy is a fireman. He's from one of the calendars. Yum.

Shawn said...

Praise the lord for air conditioned gyms! With no...well, a minimum of...gooey poo.

The Constant Complainer said...

RG, a complete side-note question - but are you ever out and about near the Sixth Floor Museum? I need to get a souvenir from there for a gift. I'm hoping you might be able to help me out. I can contact you on e-mail if you'd prefer...

ReformingGeek said...

@Shawn - There is that but the scenery never changes!

@Constant - Not really. I live closer to FW and seldom go to downtown Dallas.

Unknown said...

yummm and ummmm who says you wont be greeted with that BOD when the roofers arrive THINK POSITIVE! I dont even need a new roof(at least i dont I do) BUT I would so fake it IF that BOD was showin up everyday!

I feel your pain on the double digits...it is HOTT here in okie land

Anonymous said...

If HE shows up to repair your roof, would you send him to my house? Yeah, I'll pay the airfare and, did I mention that I don't NEED a roof?

ReformingGeek said...

@georgie - I'm keeping my hopes up. Too hot for working on roofs, though.

@dana - He'll be VERY busy here at my place.

Christina Bledsoe said...

I think The Constant Complainer is just jealous of the hottie roofer :) I think he looks 100% delicious. It sounds like the neighbors need to worry a little more about their lives and a little less about yours.

I really enjoy your blog (which I found via The Constant Complainer). May I add you to my blog roll?

Christina Bledsoe said...

Thank you! I went ahead and added your link just now.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"