Friday, September 19, 2014

It's all about the hair

I found my blog.  It was just sitting here, all alone, waiting patiently for my return.   It's good to be back. At least there wasn't any nagging or whining from this bored blog, unlike Cat, where nagging and whining is an art that must be practiced over and over again.

Speaking of Cat, he sends his regards and complaints.  It's the usual - not enough food and the peoples not doing what he wants, whatever that is.

I've been a bit busy. There is a some serious remodeling going on around here and my arms nearly fell off from painting.  Photos coming at some point.

I've also been the lawn care person his summer and have spent plenty of time outside sans makeup and wearing old clothes.

So there I was, trying to unkink a wild hose in the front yard when our local weather girl drives by and shouts "Reffie, Reffie!"  Well, actually, she didn't call me that but you get the picture.  I know her from the gym so I've seen her without the makeup and styled hair from appearing on television, still looking gorgeous.  Life isn't fair.   Me?  Well, I kind of looked like this:



Wild-hair woman wearing weird clothes.  No, I wasn't wearing a dress and I don't have an ocean in my front yard. We do have moles and I was hoping one of the mole holes would open up and swallow me but no such luck.

"Yeah, hi there.....um....what's up?"

Later, I giggled at myself for caring. She is also a realtor and was driving around looking for lots for sale for a client.  She lives nearby.

Today I was out for a hilly run, dropping sweat here and there, and I encountered someone else I knew from the gym.  I did have some makeup on and was wearing running attire.  A hat contained the hair.  This time it was a guy and he was mowing his yard.  He stops the mower to chat with me.  I'm thinking "Wow, how nice" and then it occurred to me as I'm looping around his neighborhood that he approaches mowing just like he approaches his workout.  Do a bit, stop and text, do a bit, stop and chat, do a bit, take a phone call....   You get the picture.  People are funny.  He must have some serious ADD.

Yes, we are still mowing around here.  The grass is green and still growing as some of us here in north Texas have had enough rain and moderate summer temps to keep our yards alive and thriving.  I'm still in need of a predator for those grasshoppers, though.  They love my perennials.

That's enough for now.  I hope your summer was grand!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you looked just fine and probably better than the weather girl. I'm glad your arm is intact and cat is still as spirited as ever!

Unknown said...

Weather girl/realtor. What will they think of next? I'd like to grow my hair long and cartoon like, too. I'm glad you found your blog. I lose mine all the time. Have a great weekend!

Rob-bear said...

How strange you mentioned cutting the grass. Ours needs cutting, too, and has a partial layer of leaves on it, so one job may accomplish two purposes.

Not only that, but several of my roses are still blooming. In the autumn. Strange; very strange.

Blessings and Bear hugs! Even for the cat and Evil Twin.

injaynesworld said...

Hi, Reffie... Hoping some of that rain heads our way in California soon. Lawns here are a thing of the past.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"