Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cupid's Drunk on Kahlua

OK. It's that day that everything is pink or red for some ungodly reason (oh yeah, HEARTS) and there is something about Cupid but I'm thinking that Cupid is much too young for me as he appears to still be in diapers.

Hubby just told me something else is supposed to happen today but I'm not quite sure what he means.

Oh yeah. I think I was supposed to vacuum today.

No? Well, maybe shoe shopping was on the agenda?

No? Oh. That's right. I'm making his present today. More on that later.

Anyway, since we just celebrated our anniversary 2 weeks ago, we don't have much incentive to celebrate Valentine's Day. But I told Hubby that he will be released from sleeping outside in his jeep if he presents a reasonable gift as no gift or card appeared on our anniversary. In his defense, we just returned from a very nice vacation and we had dinner out with friends so it's not like there was no celebration or that the event was forgotten. On the other hand, we've had discussions about cards. A CARD IS ALWAYS REQUIRED. That's right. ALWAYS!

So Hubby redeemed himself. This morning I found this little guy waiting for me. I think he wanted breakfast but Hubby told me to push his button (the button on his paw, folks!). I did and laughed my head off as this guy sang to me and wiggled his tail. I think this poor little guy's button must be worn out as I had to prop it up for the photo. Hubby also presented a GIANT CARD and it talked to me so I'm feeling very special today.


My gift for him?

Brownies. Not just any brownies.

Kahlua-Cinnamon Brownies.

Yum!

[Hiccup]

What did you expect? I had to sample them...

And maybe I'll cook dinner and fall asleep in front of a movie (or reading my own blog post)!

I'll leave you with a little hometown humor. This is very short. Watch out for the lizard.

10 comments:

Chat Blanc said...

hubby done good!! btw, any brownies left? they look DE-LISH! :)

Elizabeth said...

It's sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's Day! My hubby and I went recycling and then to Costco, so romantic! And I love the video. That poor man, I think I would have reacted the same way!!

ReformingGeek said...

@Chat Blanc - Yes, he did do good! Um...sorry, the brownies are on my hips!

@Elizabeth - Oh well. These things have to be done. Yes. The video is hilarious. I would have screamed!

Unknown said...

Leaping Lizards!

mmmmmmmmmm kahlua brownies.. only on addition would have made them better kidding.

Jean Knee said...

I hope that was live. dork

ReformingGeek said...

@dizzblnd - The brownies were very tasty!

@Jean - It probably was.

Bee said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet that guy was in too much pain to give out love fro V-day.

Anonymous said...

Just love the name of your blog. So what does the dog sing that's so funny?
What a great brownie too. I went to the movies alone. No I didn't have a fight, just really wanted to see "Doubt," and my husband had a bad cough and stayed home.

Anonymous said...

What's the dog's name? Valentino? And how about a short clip of whatever he does thats so cute? And curses on your husband for not sharing those delicious-sounding brownies with his cow-orkers!!!

ReformingGeek said...

@Gutsy Writer - Thanks. The dog sings "I Got You"

@Bill - The dog's name is Billy-Bob. He sings, wiggles his head and his tail.

Burp! Sorry, no more brownies. Don't worry. I'll be baking more stuff. You know that.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"