Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween: PASS, Now What?

It happens every year. All the hype getting read for Spook Day and then it's here. Then it's gone. Just like that. I know some of you are devising geek-worthy schemes to make the candy you stole from your kids last until Thanksgiving. Some of you gave up as your kids are too clever for you.

The rest of you are now honoring the porcelain throne because you couldn't stop eating the candy. Or maybe it was the adult beverages at the party you hosted. I hope you feel better soon because that mess from the party is probably starting to annoy you. You'd best get started on the cleaning.

Anywho, it's done. Finis. While you are recovering from your sugar highs and are hitting the gym to pay the piper, Hubby and I, and a group from his work, have made our way to Galveston, Texas, to sail away for a few days. Believe it or not, the Port of Galveston is still there, even after last summer's devastating Hurricane Ike.

We will spend most of our time gaining weight as there is never a shortage of food on these big ships. Looking for some warm sand and that big orange bright thing in the sky at the Mexico ports of call is also on the agenda. Hubby will try to avoid the "Best Belly Flop Contest" and I will refrain from playing Bingo in the cold, dark lounges where I'm sure the zombies hang out during the sessions. I never win anyway!

While I'm gone, please come to my house and mow my lawn and sweep the tree poop (leaves and other detritus dumped by our deciduous trees) off my driveway. I'll reward you with leftover Halloween candy or maybe I will give you a stray cat, possum, or raccoon or, if you do a craptaculous job, I'll send you a cheesy souvenir made by starving Mexican children.

Yeah, right.

Finally, to keep you in the spirit of the spending season that is now upon us, here's something that arrived in my Inbox this morning:


Decorating once. Sounds like a good idea to me!

If I'm able to get online while I'm gone, I'll try to drop by. Otherwise, I will check in with you later in the week when we return.

BTW, those tombstones were just a dream gone horribly wrong. No bloggers that I know of departed this world on Halloween.

17 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad to know that the tombstones were wrong. I would hate to lose some great bloggers!

Anonymous said...

Dang! And here I thought you knew something I didn't know.

Eternal sleep? Sounds pretty good right now!

Ha!

Have a wonderful trip Reffie! I'll miss you! (And watch out for those zombie dolphins!)

Deb said...

Happy sails to you and hubby! Hope you have a great time. Don't worry about the tree poop. NutJob is already there shredding them, turning them into mulch and fertilizing your shrubs and plants with her own built-in special formula.

Nooter said...

bring us back some presents, ok?

Skye said...

Enjoy your trip, take lots of pictures, and make sure you prank your Hubby a lot so you can blog about it!

The Old Silly said...

Well enjoy your sojourn, and I hope you spend not too much time "honoring the porcelain throne" - LMBO!

Marvin D Wilson

Moonrayvenne said...

Glad to know about the tombstones. We'd have to go around covering our heads from the hungry zombiez looking for brainz! Hope you have a wonderful little retreat & are rarin' to go when you get back!

United Studies said...

Enjoy your vacation! Can't wait to hear about it.

That cartoon cracks me up, but it is so close to the truth it is scary. Stores around here were taking down their Halloween displays and putting up Christmas stuff the day before Halloween...didn't even wait until the 31st!

Mike said...

I am all for the decorating once!

Have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Now we've got Christmas to get over. I made our cards for this year: a picture of Santa pulling down his britches and mooning. That's MY attitude. Not Joe's. So I had to toss them.

honeypiehorse said...

Decorating once is friggin' brilliant!!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

None departed but perhaps some got deported!

Jean Knee said...

the best night og the entire year over

kaput

crap

Sara's Whimsy said...

If you could promise me the stray possum, I may have been inclined to clean up, but alas, there was no promise.

HA!

Hope you have a great break!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

OMG, I'm sooooo jealous that you're going sailing or cruising or whatever. I hope you gain 10 pounds as punishment.

The Constant Complainer said...

I enjoyed the "Merry Thanksgivoween" cartoon. Very true.

I'm sorry for not commenting right when you posted this. I was busy eating Halloween candy.

Some of the stores around here had Christmas stuff out before Halloween. It seems to get earlier and earlier. Along those lines, I was traveling for work the other day (10/30/09) and a radio station in Cincinnati had already gone "all Christmas" on their music. They said they were the first in the nation and I'm sure they were...

Nooter said...

hey everyone, she left the basement window unlocked and i got in the house! what channel is pay per view on?


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"