Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wandering Donkeys

Thanks to all of you that voted for me over at Knucklehead's place as part of the Blog-Off 2010 competition. If you have not seen my entry, click here.


For those of you who have not voted, there's still time. Polls close at 6:00 PM Pacific time Wednesday. For those of you that voted for someone else other than yourself, well, um, you'd best be looking over your shoulder. After your read this post, you'll know why.


Today, I want to bore you tell you about an award that I have received. It's called a "bad ass" award and it's from CatLadyLarew.

I was a bit confused. I thought I was being told that my ass had misbehaved. I know what you're thinking.

Stop it.


What I mean is that I was thinking that this cute little guy had wandered off and was bothering cats.

But, no, that wasn't it.

I realized that "bad ass" means tough. Maybe she was throwing me in the habitat with this dude:

I eat geeks for high tea.

THAT was a scary thought.


Finally, I read her blog post and she explained that she created the award using a picture of a cat that you don't want to stroke and she awarded it to a few of her topless bloggy friends that talk back to her (leave comments).


I think this kitty was one of those poor unfortunate beasts that had to wear a Christmas costume or had an unfortunate and unwelcome encounter with a liquid.

Thanks for thinking of me,
CatLady. I love the award. As expected, though, Cat hissed at it and Evil Twin's big head is about to explode.

Sigh.


Photo credits: bad dude: Don Van Dyke, donkey: Vistavision, flickr.com, Creative Commons license (see sidebar).

23 comments:

Me-Me King said...

You are one Texas bad ass, congratulations!

By the way, I ain't lookin' over my shoulder...no siree.

ReformingGeek said...

@Me-Me - Thanks! I knew I could count on you.

Brian Miller said...

i think i would look like that too if they made me wear one of those christmas outfits...congrats.

Deb said...

Let it be known that hereto and thereafter with whatever the formal name for Reforming Geek has now been changed to Bad Ass Reforming Geek, affectionately known at BARG. Baaaarrrrrggg, me maties!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

As a fellow recipient of the Badass award, I congratulate ye.

Congrats my Geeky Reffie!

*smile*

Mike said...

I think that your big brown ass is awfully cute! :)

ReformingGeek said...

@Brian - Thanks. Those poor animals.

@Deb - BAAAAARRRRG!!!!!

@Quirky - Thanks and BAAAAARRRG!!!!!

@otin - Isn't he though? ;-)

Mama-Face said...

You get what you deserve...congratulations! :)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I like Deb's new moniker for you... BARG!

ReformingGeek said...

@mama-face - Thanks.

@CatLady - Deb does a great job coming up with monikers!

JennyMac said...

CLL is great...and congrats bad ass.

Marvin the Ape Man said...

Hey - where'd you find that picture of me?

OK, off to vote for ya. (wink)

The Old Silly

Anonymous said...

Hey there from a long-lost blogging buddy! Just decided to drop by and see what you've been up to...so what have you been up to?

congrats on the award!

Unknown said...

how did I miss this? offfff to vote right now....

ReformingGeek said...

@JennyMac - Thanks. She is awesome.

@Marv - Hee Haw, Hee hee. Thanks.

@Random - Well, HELLO THERE!

@Georgie - Thanks!!

gayle said...

Congrats on the award!!

Bee said...

I voted for you the other day. Can I vote more than once? ;o)

It's always better to be a badass than a dumbass I always say.

Nooter said...

that cat looks like its marinated long enough, onto the grill with it!

ReformingGeek said...

@Gayle - Thanks!

@Bee - Thanks for voting for me. I think that whether or not you can vote more than once will depend on your browser and how it stores its cookies.

@Nooter - An open fire sounds good right now. BRRRRR!

The Constant Complainer said...

That cat badass picture cracks me up every single time I see it.

Happy New Year, Reforming Geek. I guess I'm officially over my holiday-MIA blogging status. So I'm getting caught-up tonight.

And don't forget that I still have that gift card for you, from the contest you won. I'll contact you to make arrangements. Thanks.

UberGrumpy said...

:) That's a cat? It looks like a toilet brush

ReformingGeek said...

@Constant - Thanks. Glad to see you back.

@UberGrumpy - Maybe that's what happened to the poor thing. He fell in the toilet trying to get a quick drink.

Leeuna said...

Congrats on advancing to Round two in the blog off. I can't wait to read your entry for Round Two. Keep the funny going. ;)


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"