In other news, the landscaping is started to talk back to me. I received this note from one of my garden plants:
Dear ReformingGeek Thumb,
Get off yourself! Your ego is overgrown, unlike ME. You must be colorblind. You think you're green? Ha! You are brown and pasty, you withering, pale, sorry excuse for a digit. You don't even curve correctly.
You are disgusting. You can't even make ME grow. That's right. Me. I'm ivy, for Heaven's sake. Yeah. Yeah. I know I was purchased off the clearance rack but you planted me in unhappy soil and angered Mother Nature so that she turned the fires of Hell upon me. You let Abdul and those other roofers rest shingles upon my vine and trod upon me.
You do not deserve to continue gardening. Step away. Now.
Your New Ivy.
How rude. I can't just turn the other cheek. That was very insulting. I countered with the following:
Dear New Ivy,
Same to you (sticking out tongue). You can't even grow in a nourishing environment next to your relatives. You brown, pasty, sorry excuse for a plant. I shall feed you to the compost pile to punish you for your insults. I will visit with my other plants that actually grow and that don't write me nasty notes.
ReformingGeek Finger (you know which one)
There. Take that.
But wait. There's more.
Quirky has tagged me with a meme. When I read her post, I thought she had discovered a new fruit as she described being given a lemon and making memelade. Somehow, this sounds appetizing. This meme has a bunch of eights in it. You will be seeing lists with eight items here and there or you may just see 8's or eight-liners, eight-balls, or Eight is Enough reruns.
Sorry. I got carried away...again.
Eight things I did yesterday:
- Watched it rain and enjoyed a break from the heat!
- Let the cat in and out and listened to him whine at us for making his world wet.
- Made breakfast burritos. YUM!
- Shopped for groceries and parted with way too much money for just a few bags of food.
- Had dinner with Hubby family.
- Ran 8 miles at the park and then had to wring out my shorts before I could get back into the car. I forgot my towel so I had to sit on a canvas grocery bag to drive home.
- Laundry, including my running clothes. Got bleach?
- Watched part of Ice Age 2 on TV while checking in with the Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays baseball game. The Rangers won!
Photo credit: ReformingGeek digit: ReformingGeek