Friday, January 9, 2009

Awards and Reformation

It's Friday and I'm not posting about wild animals or running. I'm happy about that. I hope you are too. Today, I'm ecstatic that my blog buddy, Quirkyloon, has bestowed upon me an award. She is such a nice lady. She loves fudge and diet Dr. Pepper which are at the top of my criteria list for great people and she writes hilarious blog posts!


Thanks, Quirky!

I'm supposed to pass this award on to other bloggers and here is how I will do it.

There is a game going around where bloggers are asked to post about things that start with the letter that is given to them. Well I didn't get a letter and I didn't ask for one so I decided just to take one. I don't usually play by the rules (Just ask anyone, they will tell you that this is true.)

I gave myself the letter "R" (for Reforming of course).

I will start by giving the award to some of my favorite blogs I've recently discovered that start with the letter "R" or that the letter "R" is a major part of their blog name or just because I want to pick them.

Tracy over at Rambling Thoughts of the Neverending Mind - Ramblings thoughts? Maybe. Fun? Yes!

Confessions of a Random Chick - Hilarious craziness. Visit her and lose the grumpiness. Be careful. She might already be wearing her straight jacket.

Nooter the Dog - GRRRRRR! Beware of dog. No really. It's a dog and your next life might be as a dog or a peanut. You just never know.

The Cubicle's Backporch - Country girl at heart blogs about life. Here's a funny story about technology and older folks.


Feel free to take your award and pass it on or come up with your own fun game!


As for the rest of the "R" words, here goes:

Roses - I would like to see some serious blooms on my rose bushes next spring. Let me make this clear. BLOOM PRETTY OR ELSE IT'S THE SHREDDER FOR YOU! DO YOU HEAR ME!

UH OH! I sound like a mom.

Reformation - No, not the time in world history following the Renaissance but the reformation from geek to non-geek that I'm perpetually working on. Wish me luck.

Robot - Get Will Smith out here. I think I have a robot gone bad trying to break into my house. It's red light is on. Will can be shirtless. Yeah, I know it's winter but he's tough, right?

Ridiculous - Think Harry Potter. How to turn something you are afraid of into something funny. I'm afraid of rejection and failure.

OK. Here goes. I'm waving the wand and shouting

R I D I C U L O U S!!!!


Thru the smoke it's made clear that I'm on a podium telling funny light bulb jokes and folks are throwing money at me.

OUCH! Wait a minute. That was a SHOE! OUCH! I guess I should have asked Hermione to do this spell.

Restitution - Uh oh. That's a big word. Better go look it up. OK. Got it. For all those people I have hurt in some way, I am truly sorry and I will come do your laundry for a week.........

Ha! You fell for that? You sure are gullible.

Ruler - All the better for measuring.......

No. That's not it. It's the ruler of the world thing. I've determined that the Interwebs rule the world.

Rack - as in I wish I had a nice rack. Actually, any rack would do. That's right. Something to catch crumbs on and bounce around when I run (maybe I should rethink this one). Actually, I have a nice Baker's Rack in my dining room. I guess that will do.

Riddle - Riddle me this:

What are the next two letters in the following series and why?

W A T N T L I T F S _ _
What? Did you expect the answer to be here? If you know it, you can put it in the comments.

Resolution - I resolve to get out of bed 6 out of 7 days a week and write a blog post at least once a week. I have to allow for hangovers, illness, writer's block, demands of family, pets, windigos and wildebeests and occasional real work.

OK. That's enough. Feel free to pick a letter and do what you want with it. Enjoy!

I can always use awards smiley votes over at humor-blogs.com.

15 comments:

Ash said...

Way to "r"ock the R. I think we might live in the same neck of the woods. Funny how this whole blogosphere thing works.

I'll be back at naptime when I can give you a real read!!!!

Anonymous said...

Rawk on Lady! You Rawk! I'm sure those other blogs rock. I'll have to check them out.

Congrats on your award *snicker, snicker*!

For the record, I hate that restitution thingy. Too complicated. Maybe if I just send them a six pack of Diet Dr. Pepper? That should be restitution enough, no?

Funny post RefGeek!

Anonymous said...

oh thanks geekgirl! but are you saying i may become a peanut? for the squirrels to eat?? oohhhhhh .. (wooozy)

ReformingGeek said...

@Eudea-Mamia - Maybe so. I do recall that you mentioned Texas. I intend to read some more of your posts, too. There are quite a few of us down here. I'm in the DFW area.

Quirky - Thanks. I love "R". I could have gone on and on but I got tired!

@Nooter - Oh noz. I don't want you to get eaten in your next life. On the other hand, if you were a good peanut, you might get to be a dog again or maybe a cat or even....wait for it.....a HUMAN!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

How About....

ROCK on for the awesome award!

Thank you very much! As I've said before, I do love it so when people give me stuff!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I will display it with my cat award proudly!

Meg said...

Congrats on the award and let's hope there a REPEAT action of it in the future!

ReformingGeek said...

@Tracy - You are welcome. Enjoy!

@Prefers - Good one!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the award!! I knew you'd appreciate my technology conversation! :)

I'm jealous of your rose bush, but I hear they're hard to grow. Now I picture you a'la Bree Hodges pruning your roses. (Wait- do you watch Desperate Housewives?)

ReformingGeek said...

@Jen - Absolutely!

Last summer was not real good for the roses. I'm truly hoping for better results this year.

I checked in with Desperate Housewives the first season and that was enough for me. I do remember Bree, though.

Chat Blanc said...

CongRats on your award!! You Really R gReat! :D

ReformingGeek said...

@Chat Blanc - Thank you! You are so sweet!

Unknown said...

Yes, you should always allow for hangovers. And wildebeests. Goes without saying really ...

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the award!! Sorry I'm a total looser and didn't get to your blog until now...UGHHHH!!!

Tattoo Jim said...

Nice blog!!! I just found you and started reading and find I enjoy what you have to say. I've also read the comments and didn't see where anyone and put in "A" and "W" as to what the next in the series were.
Anyway, I enjoy what you're doing! Keep it up!

ReformingGeek said...

@Chris - Absolutely.

@Random Chick - No problem. Enjoy!

@Tattoo Jim - Glad you found me. Thanks! Great job on the riddle answer!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"