Friday, January 16, 2009

Let the Thawing Begin....


We finally made it to Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm headed out of town on vacation and I hope to come back thawed out. This crazy weather has had me an ice cube one day and a melted blob (I typed blog) the next. The goal for this trip is to completely thaw out, chill out, and pig out eat healthy food and drink responsibly.

Well, maybe I'll eat some fish.

I hope to have Internet access and check in with you guys next week and I also hope to be able to post a couple of times. But just in case I don't, get ready for bombardment when I return assuming I'm presented with some great material while I'm gone. If it's like any other trip, traveling and watching people usually provides some humor. Or at least you need humor to get thru it all!

I love vacation but I hate packing. We are going to a warm place so why do I have 2 full bags packed?

Remember the geek thing? The "reforming" part has left the building. If you see it, please send it back inside. We have a collapsible cooler, hiking poles, and our own snorkel gear including cute little booties that fit in the fins. I blame this on Hubby. He's a diver so he's used to the booties and since I have tiny feet and can never really fit in the rental equipment, he convinced me to get the booties and some nice fins. And of course I have a diving skin because I absolutely freeze in the water, and a flotation vest, and a bag to carry all this crap. OK, so now I have to find room for some clothes.....

Clothes are overrated. Swimsuit? Check. All set.

I almost forgot. We will be hanging out at 10,000 feet to see a sunrise and it will be effing freezing and windy so guess what else has to go in the bags?

That's right. Another swimsuit. Got it. All set. Again. Let's go already.

SIGH.

I finally got to watch the first two hours of 24 recorded on our DVR. GO JACK GO! And for the guys, there is red-headed Renee. But think about it? Do you really want to be a female hanging around with Jack (or anyone hanging around with Jack)? It seems that they almost always get their heads blown off, go crazy, or get their hearts broken. Jack obviously has some serious issues. SIGH.

Think warm.

Hot smileys from humor-blogs.com are always appreciated.

Photo courtesy of ReformingGeek. Please do not use without permission.

8 comments:

United Studies said...

Safe travels and enjoy yourself!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation! You are going someplace wonderfully warm?

Are you coming here to AZ? Hahaha

Just kidding.

No snorkeling around here in these dry places!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation. I don't understand these words "warm" and "sun" that you use, but they sound like very nice things!
:P

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - Thanks!

@Quirkyloon - I love AZ. I will come again one of these days. We are in Maui. Just got here. It's pouring down rain!

@Liz - Thanks. We met up with some folks from Ohio while waiting for rental cars. Even with pouring rain and 75 degrees, they were glad to be away from their record-breaking low temps. I hope to be able to define "warm" and "sun" soon!

Chat Blanc said...

Oh I hope you don't freeze or drown while on vacay!! Sounds like you'll have a great time! :) Hope to hear about it soon.

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear stories and see pics (I draw the line at coming to your house for a vacation slide show)

ReformingGeek said...

@Chat - Thanks! I will share probably more than anyone wants to hear!

@dizzblind - Hey, 1 digital slide show coming up!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Well, you're off on some place warm and I'm vacationing in some place cold. That about covers the spectrum! Have fun!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"