Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Love You Man

It's an emotional day here at the ReformingGeek homestead. We finally have a new president and I'm all choked up.

No. That's not it. I'm happy the election is over but I'm now preparing to hear folks whine that their candidate didn't win and down here in the Bible Belt I'll hear how the country's taking a fast trip to the hot place.

Actually I'm all choked up because Kirsten over at The Soccer Mom Files gave me this award and just like the folks who turn into mushy drunks and start telling everyone that they love them, I'm LOVING EVERYONE today.

Wait. Hold on. Hubby just stopped me and asked me to check those instructions again. [SIGH].


Fast forward a few minutes
.


I reread the instructions and that's not what Kirsten meant. Sorry, folks. I didn't mean to mislead you. So I guess it's not THAT kind of sharing that is expected.

Seriously I have to share 6 THINGS and 6 BLOGS I love. Of course I have to do this with my own perspective and style or else you might start to wonder if I've been taken over by the aliens or something.

Since this required some serious brain power, I cranked up my speakers with some great tunes and called for alcoholic reinforcements.

Fast forward 10 minutes (or maybe 5 minutes).

The wine glass is empty and the task is complete.

I came up with 6 songs that I love to listen to that have "LOVE" in their title:
  1. I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett
  2. Love in the 3rd Degree -- Alabama
  3. Love Potion #9 -- Herb Alpert (Lame I know but I first heard the instrumental version of the song in elementary school and it stuck.)
  4. Love is All Around -- Wet, Wet, Wet
  5. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) -- Olivia Newton-John (or Elvis....)
  6. Gimme All Your Lovin' - ZZ Top
This was harder than I thought it would be. Some of these really show my age and the music style is all over the place. In the few seconds it takes to write a comment, can you think of at least 2 songs with "love" in the title?

As for naming 6 blogs I love, first I have to say that I love all the blogs I read. But to name 6, I've gone back to the ones I first started reading and that lead me to other great blogs. Thanks to all of you!

dad - the dude - Life as a former Marine redneck dad trying to avoid the inevitable conversion from Dad to Dumbass, ROFL-fun!

Two Seconds - A lot can (and does) happen in two seconds; interesting writer dealing with parenting and life trying to avoid going nuts.

Texas Machinist - Moved from CA to Texas and loves it! Check him out for some great perspectives on hot topics.

Wit's Bitch - Regular hilarious doses of snarky wit!

DEBBIE DOES DRIVEL - Her profile says something about "warped life and warped blog". It's life's craziness roasted. Laughter guaranteed.

Just wandering through - Great writing about anything and everything. Check it out!

Also, If you've already been tagged for this, please don't feel obligated to repeat the exercise unless you really want to.

Here's the songs if you want to hear them:




I'm always up for a rockin' smiley.

9 comments:

It's me said...

How sweet! Somebody loves me. Somebody with weird taste in music, but HEY... it's SOMEBODY!

And dad is a FORMER Marine, as am I. Ex-Marines are Marines that got kicked out or are sh*tbirds. Um, actually, dad, I don't know you very well... ARE you an ex? ;) just kidding. Semper Fi brother!

ReformingGeek said...

@Meadowlark - Thanks, even with the weird taste comment ;-) I made the correction about the Marines. You guys are a bunch of tough cookies.

dadthedude said...

Whew, by the time I got here it was already corrected. Being called an ex-Marine is about the worst thing you could be called. Thanks MeadowLark - and nope, no shitbird here. Ooorah Semper Fi bro. Happy 233 by the way, I'll toast one for you.

If it was anyone else besides ReformingGeek I'd take offense, but how could I take it any other way than the way it was meant from her. Thanks C - I appreciate it mucho. I certainly owe you a 'rita.

Chat Blanc said...

Joan Jet and ZZ Top--I loves it!! :) You do ROCK!

Thanks so much for passing this along to me!!

ReformingGeek said...

@dude - Thanks. I'm always up for good 'rita!

@Chat Blanc - Thanks and you're welcome. Enjoy!

It's me said...

Dad, when you stop by my place, scroll down and you'll see a toast.

Semper Fi, brother. :)

Kirsten said...

This is harder than I thought. Hmmm. Songs with "love" in them,
Endless Love
Tainted love

Wow! Talk about showing your age!

ReformingGeek said...

@Kirsten - You did good on those songs! I think there is a point where music becomes timeless.

massage momma said...

Thanks for making me part of your top 6! I feel so honored.

The love songs are hard. It reminds me of my wedding. We didn't allow the clanging of glasses at the reception, instead people had to stand up and sing a song with love in it in order for my husband and I to kiss. Not too many people attempted it and our plan worked! :0)


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"