Sunday, May 17, 2009

Caption Contest - Winner Announced!

I'm back in town after a nice weekend in Santa Fe, New Mexico with Hubby and some friends.


Yes, that's right. Those are EMPTY margarita glasses which might explain the OMG look on my face. It's either that or I was seeing one of Quirky's zombies headed my way wanting dessert. Or maybe it was exhaustion from the table dance I did to help pay the bill. That would also explain the red nose.


Uh, ReformingGeek?

Yes?

You need to announce the winner.

What winner?

THE CAPTION CONTEST WINNER YOU BRAIN-FOGGED GEEK!

Oh. Please stop yelling at me. Sniff.

Fast forward a bit.

OK. I found Perspective Cat hiding behind the drapes because he saw me type "zombies" and even promises of mouseburgers later could not coax him from his hiding place. I went looking for Real Cat. That was useless. He is pouting because we left him this weekend and is outside looking for potential meals while turning up his nose at contest judging.

I begged family and friends to help out and they came through for me!

Finally. The winner.

Marissa from WhaHappen, with this caption:

"Future Sith Lord, you are. By your red eyes, I can tell."

Marissa gets the Perspective Cat award for her blog.


Jacki and SpitRock Dozer also scored points with the judges.

As usual, you guys did a great job with the captions and thanks for playing!

Photo credit: Red-faced ReformingGeek, Hubby and friends property of ReformingGeek. All Rights Reserved. But if you can find a really awesome naked body to put my face on, go for it.

13 comments:

the cubicle's backporch said...

Congratulations to the winner. Now I need ME a margarita! :)

Machinist said...

Well done to the judges and congratulations to the worthy winner.

Jean Knee said...

WHAT???? my having the kid say "crap..." didn't even get honorable mention?

ReformingGeek said...

@Cubicle - Yes, go get your drinkie!

@Machinist - Thanks.

@Jean - I thought "crap" was a great caption but the judges obviously didn't agree.

Marissa said...

Woot!! I can't believe I won. *tears rolling down my face as I stroll down the catwalk with Perspective Cat*

Thanks ReformingGeekFish! I shall proudly display the adorable award. :D

Anonymous said...

Yay Marissa! congrats!

And thanks to Reffie for some quirky linky love! *smile*

AND thanks to Reffie for being an awesome and reforming geek blogger!

heh heh

Deb said...

Great picture - you all look like you don't have a care in the world there in Margaritia Ville!

Congrats to Marissa on a great caption and for RG being able to pick a winner!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, yes - GREAT caption. Kudos to the victor. Yeah I'll have one of those margaritas too. LOL

Hey you and hubby make a good looking couple. :)

ReformingGeek said...

@Marissa - Congrats!

@Quirky - You are so sweet and thanks to you for making me see Zombies everywhere!

@Deb - Thanks. We were feeling pretty good.

@Marvin - Thanks. It's one of the few pictures where my eyes are open.

United Studies said...

She clearly deserved it!

Anonymous said...

Who is that guy sitting beside you in the Margaritaville picture? Your Dad?

Ed & Jeanne said...

Where exactly is Maragritaville? I need to go...

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - She did well!

@Anon - Ha!

@VE - I think it's in the Bermuda Triangle.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"