Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day, Construction Notice, and Open Letter

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend and has taken a moment to honor those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

The rain has given me an excuse to not work in the yard too much so I've moved forward with the Geek Blog re-design. I hope you like it. I still have a few tweaks so be patient if things move around a bit. Yes, eventually, the tabs will navigate to something reasonably fun, or at least funny!

The not-so-nice Mother Nature cursed me Sunday as I was out for a peaceful run. Since this isn't the first time she has abused me, I wrote her a complaint letter:

Dear Ms. Fickle M. Nature;

Next time, I will use my weather machine against you, you sadistic Ruler of the Elements. Yes. I saw the big swollen cloud and I've seen many like them in the past that have been whisked away leaving me disappointed. When the little droplets of water started falling on me, I thanked you. I was getting hot and it felt nice.

Then your mood changed, you schizoid, sorry excuse for someone in charge of nature. Your cloud no longer dripped on me. It morphed into a giant pitcher and starting to pour its contents on me every step of the way. Even the momma duck and her ducklings went for cover.
You and gravity must be having a fling. Thank you for removing the sweat from my forehead and letting it slide into my eyes. OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! I had to close my eyes and then I started to weave. Any spectator of this geek girl out for a run would think she swallowed something extra in her morning tea.

You would not cease and desist. You continued to pour on me as I amazingly safely crossed the street into the last 1/2 mile of my route. My feet were heavy with your liquid and my eyes were still burning and I was sure my transmogrification into a fish was about to be complete.

Fortunately for you, there is a happy ending.

I will forgive you....THIS TIME!

Hubby was waiting in the garage with a beach towel. I dried off and stepped into the house. You must have found someone else to drench as you turned the rain up a notch for the next 40 minutes. For that, I thank you.

Yours truly,

ReformingGeekFish

Photo credits: Ducks: some email

21 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Test comment.

Anonymous said...

hello???

Nooter said...

test comment rebuttal...

Suzanne said...

I'll see your test rebuttal Nooter and raise you a comment!
I love the new look! You will have to tell me how you did it, I've been trying for some time now and usually end up crying.

Anonymous said...

Yay! It works now.

Looks very nice in here GF!

I'm jealous. heh heh

ReformingGeek said...

@Nooter - I think Sue won the bid!

@Sue - Thanks. I think I pulled some hair out doing it but there are some nice tools out there that help. I'll send you more info.

@Quirky - Thanks. I'm so glad the comments are working now. I was starting to feel forgotten. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ahem - twas I, Reforming One, who alerted Quirky Dearest to contact you re: your glitched up comments button. I tried 3X this AM to leave a comment but no banana so I have the Quirkster's email & figured mebbe she knew you well enough to email you an alert.

So yes, you're welcome. :)

Oh and also - fun post! LOL

The Old Silly from Free Spirit Blog

Unknown said...

LOL...the comments are just as fun as the post !!!

ReformingGeek said...

@Marvin - Thank you. I will give you credit for being "first" this morning.

@Dani - Thanks.

Hit 40 said...

I was pondering a comment when I saw your own comment...

Test Comment!! Too funny. You will need a lot more posts to blog away your inner geek

LOL!!

Unknown said...

I DO love the new look. Funny.. I have written M Nature the same thank you letter without the running park.. But mine was friendly.

You know.. you have had the picture of the meercats up for howlong? I just now noticed that one of them was an actual cat. When did PC have time to pose for this?

ReformingGeek said...

@Hit 40 - Yeah. We are crazy around here!

@Dizzblnd - Thanks! Yeah, it was tough getting PC to cooperate!

Hit 40 said...

Thank you for popping by :-)

I love your name - reforming geek!! Excellent

United Studies said...

Nice new layout! I like it.

Jean Knee said...

that asswipe is afraid to show her face around here

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - Thanks.

@Jean - She's afraid of Al?

Elizabeth said...

Ugh, I hate running in a downpour. That was nice your hubby was waiting for you with a towel! And I love the new layout. It looks great!

The Constant Complainer said...

Hey, I love the new layout. Nice work! Let it rain. It keeps you from having to mulch. At least that's the way I look at it.

ReformingGeek said...

@Hit40 - Thanks.

@Elizabeth - He's a sweetheart and thanks!

@Constant - Thanks and I've got most of the mulching done!!!!!!

Deb said...

This blog looks GREAT!! Love the bright colors!

Oh, that Mother Nature is a bitch. I had the heat on last night. Yeah, this is Maine, but come on! Heat on at the end of May??? Evil woman, that MN.

ReformingGeek said...

@Deb - I'm sorry it's still so cool in Maine. 96 was the high today. Sheesh! MNis evil but maybe she spared us last night. We had a huge storm split just before it got to us, missing us. It dumped hail all over Fort Worth and delayed the Rangers-Yankees game for several hours. Then, she woke us up in the week hours with more noise and gave us a good soaking.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"