Sunday, July 11, 2010

This one time at band camp....

Yeah, I went to band camp.  Once.

I just said that to get your attention.   There is no story.  I was a wallflower at that age.    I didn't know you were supposed to do crazy things and come back with stories to blog about years later.  I was a decent flute player but as I recall I didn't even make the first band.   

Sigh.

OK, Deb, this is for you:



That's right.  You wanted to see more players' butts.  Not only do you get two players' butts in this picture but an umpire's derriere is also part of the shot.  I sure hope you like it.

Hee Hee.


I've read some posts lately about rude people.  Evil Twin thought this photo would be appropriate as to what could be done with these rude people:

Gulp!

Several of you have already taken your vacations.  I've enjoyed reading about your adventures and misadventures and I'll admit to being a little jealous! 

Hubby and I will be taking a vacation at the end of August.  We are headed to Montana to visit Glacier National Park.  By then maybe the snow will have melted and we will need a break from the Texas heat.  I told Evil Twin to get some bear repellent but she is stocking up on honey.  She told me to use it as sun block.

Yes, indeed.  Summer is returning to north Texas.  We've had our "summer rains" and now we are expecting triple digits towards the end of the week.   

Yippee.

Although this is a photo from Texas, I will promise you that nobody I know gets out of the house looking like this:


DOUBLE EW!
 
Mom is getting closer to going under the knife for her shoulder issues.  I'm hoping this happens in the next couple of weeks.

Finally, to get those icky white shorts out of your mind, here's a photo from my front garden:


I love this little bird bath.  It's been dropped and broken but I glued it back together.  The birds don't seem to mind.  I can easily see cardinals, wrens, crows, and blue jays fighting over the bath on a daily basis!


Photo credits: Butts, Bird fighting ring:  Reffie, rude-people-eater:  some email,  tighty whities:  peopleofwalmart.com

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the ass shots, not the "WTF were they thinking" underwear shots. And I thought going out in your PJs was in bad form. Fat underwear behind is the worst form.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall while you were taking the shot.

Ange said...

My eyes! They're bleeding!!

00dozo said...

I'm not partial to baseball butts - football butts, on the other hand... (humina, humina)
;-)

The guy in the 'tighty-whitey' shorts - that's just wrong on so many levels.

Clever and terrific sand sculpture!

Leeuna said...

Thanks for posting the photo of your yard to replace the white shorts image. I was afraid I would need to gouge my eyes out.

We finally got some rain yesterday. not a lot but we need every drop we can get. My front yard looks like a dust bowl.

MrsBlogAlot said...

The "sunblock" should be used on the white shorts guy.

I was so enjoying all the butts up until that point (-:

Your vacation sounds like it will be awesome!

ReformingGeek said...

@Lauren - I can't believe the way some people dress to go out in public.

@Ange - Oops.

@00dozo - I like nice shapely male butts myself. I love sand sculptures.

@Leeuna - Sorry about your yard. I'm glad you didn't have to gouge your eyes out!

@Mrsblogalot - Yeah, spread some honey on him and send him into the woods. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Hey I recognize that store where Mr. White shorts is shopping!

It's a Wal Mart!

It's gotta be!

Jean Knee said...

is that a walmart man or woman? either way ewwwwwww

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirky - Wal what?

;-)

@Jean - It's gotta be a man with those big hairy legs!

Unfinished Rambler said...

Speaking on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of your male readers, no more male butts. Thank you very much. While we're not thrilled with the photos of the garden, we prefer that to photos of butts...well, male butts anyway.

Tgoette said...

While I fully support your wish to publish pics of male butts, I ask that you give the female butt equal time. Provided it isn't gross, of course. LOL! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

If MY birdbath was as far from the house as yours, there would NEVER be water in it....oh wait....JOE fills the birdbath right after he waters my flowers......I get tired watching him though. Does that count as exercise?

ReformingGeek said...

@Unfinished - Female butts. Got it.

@Tom - Ok. Ok. I'll see what I can find. Hee Hee.

@dana - Joe waters your flowers? You have him trained well.

Unknown said...

Your front yard is beautiful! Thanks for erasing the other picture from my mind!

Deb said...

From the bottom of my butt, thank you for those tookus takes you took. I could have done without the umpire, but that's OK.

Love the birdbath photo. So peaceful, so serene, so shady for the birdies. Do you let it go dry whenever you are looking for a new dinner recipe? Worked for me.

meleah rebeccah said...

Ass shots are always great!

I LOVE the sand photo would be appropriate as to what could be done with these rude people!

And I am hysterical laughing at that last set of photos with the man in his white shorts and black net shirt. EWWW is right!

ReformingGeek said...

@AmyLK - Thanks!

@Deb - I'm glad you liked the butts. Dry birdbath stew coming right up.

@meleah - Yeah, nice, fit butts are OK. Icky tight white shorts at WallyWorld? Not OK. Sand sculptures swallowing rude people: priceless.

Mike said...

A lot of men's butts in this damned post! LOL!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Do you realize you have 8 pictures of men's butts on your site today? Seven I could understand, but 8 is really pushing it, so to speak.

ReformingGeek said...

@otin - Oh, Otin, not you, too?

@Mike - So who's counting? ;-)

OK. OK. Something special for you guys soon. I promise!

Ziva said...

I'm going to get myself one of those awesome sand sculptures. I want one of a shark swallowing my boss.

honeypiehorse said...

What? No flute story???

The Old Silly said...

This post reminds me of a book I read years ago, titled, "Under the Grandstands" by Seymour Butts. (wink)

Canuck Bud said...

I don't quite think my eyes are working right anymore... I swear I just saw this guy dressed in... *shudder*

http://sukisstuff.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

You're hysterical! My husband and I go to baseball games often. I always take the binoculars to see all the butts up close. I barely put them down :)

ReformingGeek said...

@Ziva - That's where bosses belong.

@honeypie - Yeah, well, uh....

@Old Silly - No, Marvin. There wasn't nothing happening "under" anything.

@Awesome - Yeah, you did. Ew.

@Michelle - Thanks. Yeah, there are some nice ones at the games.

Mama-Face said...

Will you be traveling through UT on the way to Glacier? We are planning on a trip there for next year-I understand it is drop dead gorgeous. What a relief from the heat it will be for you!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

If I lived at your house, I wouldn't need to go on vacation... I'd just string up my hammock between those trees next to your bird bath! Please pass the DP....


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"