Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love Pugs and Morons Make the World Go 'Round...or End

Cupid-in-a-Diaper Day has come and gone.  To celebrate, not only did I devour (and continue to devour) chocolate but I borrowed a photo and writing assignment from Jenny Matlock's blog.  The assignment was a caption, using 50 words or less:



UGH!  Is this true love?

I'm a PUG, FOOLISH HUMAN!

I do not wish to be Wonder Pug, Bat Pug, Super Pug, or even Princess Pug.
I do not need shoes.

I just want to be your little love pug, with slobbery love licks, soft fur, 
and a belly full of bacon.


OK..that's done.  I can move on to the latest news in Geekville.

The weather has turned warm and people have turned into roasted morons nuts.  You'd think it was a sunny day in Seattle.  Here in Texas, we are no longer struggling with slick roads but are being dazzled brainless with thoughts of spring and are apparently unable to drive in our lane, use our turn signals, wait our turn at stop signs, or even stop at red lights!  We are DEFINITELY NOT able to put down our cell phones or turn down our rap music to focus on driving in a reasonably courteous manner.  Yeah, reasonably.  After all, this IS Texas.

It's been hard for Evil Twin this last week.

Speaking of cell phones, Evil Twin nearly pulled out her machete when she encountered Clueless Lady walking on the indoor track in the wrong lane, flailing her left arm as her right arm held the phone up to her ear.  Although the signs indicate calls over two minutes should be continued off the track, Ms. Clueless blabbed nonstop for thirty minutes before leaving the track for the stretching area.   She nearly lost that left arm as we passed her several times.  A little extra thump would have had her crashing into the guardrail. 

I'll admit to a passing fantasy of watching Ms. Clueless hurl herself over the rail thinking she could fly and landing not so softly on the basketball court below...

Ah....brownies.  
Gulp.  

Burp.

I'm feeling much better now.

Hubby and I watched the movie 2012 over the weekend.  We laughed at the special effects and the "science" but enjoyed seeing the good guys score some wins and the jerks get their just desserts (no brownies!).  I'd like to have one of those arks.

25 comments:

Ziva said...

That dog desperately needs a brownie. I can tell.

Belle said...

You had me laughing hard today. I needed it. Love the dog.

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to have a belly full of bacon.

Mmmm.

Bacon.

*grin*

injaynesworld said...

Like pugs aren't funny-looking enough. Poor guy...

As for Ms. Clueless, I bet she's the torturer of that poor pug, too.

Katie Gates said...

Hilarious post! Love the caption as well as your justified annoyance at the cell phone woman. I'll be following...

Deb said...

Pugs serve no purpose on the planet. Ugly little Yoda things that snort like a pig and scream like a banshee.
Tell me how that is considered a dog.

My dog on the other hand...

Never mind.

ReformingGeek said...

@Ziva - I hope the pug got his brownie.

@Belle - Thanks. That poor pooch. No dog should have to be subjected to that.

@Quirky - Mmmmm, BACON!!!!! Absolutely. More BACON!

@Jayne - She looked like the type to dress up her dogs. I bet she does it while driving.

@Katie - Thanks. Nothing but pure craziness here. Welcome.

@Deb - Some dogs are so ugly they're cute. For example, Nutjob. Nevermind.

Marissa said...

That 2012 movie was outrageous. But just in case the world ends soon, pass me a ton of those brownies and Quirkyloon's bacon! Yum.

K A B L O O E Y said...

The poor doggie. The poor, poor doggie. Thumbs down for dressing pets in costumes. Thumbs up for chocolate and bacon. Thumbs down for stupid drivers. Thumbs up for Springy weather.

Mama-Face said...

here's hoping no more indoor track for you... what with the nice weather and all. Accidently push cell phone lady over next time if you do have to share with her. But do make it look like an accident.

Brownies? Where?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Evil Twin is a good candidate for roller derby.

ReformingGeek said...

@Marissa - At least the unbelievability of that movie made it funny! Brownies and bacon would be a great last meal.

@Kablooey - I don't understand why people dress-up their pets without a rasher of bacon as a bribe. :)

@mama-face - I'm working on my plans now. The indoor track is soft on my joints. I like to be nice to them at least once a week for a short run.

@Jamie - She sent in her application today.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Love your pug poem! And the track lady with the cell phone... hurl her over the side! No brownies for her!

The Constant Complainer said...

The dog picture was cute.

Glad to hear the weather is improving. It's actually 60 degrees today in Cleveland.

Now, I will tell you that after running in a marathon, I can easily text and run. It's actually pretty impressive. I do it on the treadmill all the time and it is an art. But you're right; I see it at the gym all the time of the track. That's not always the place to practice your texting technique.

ReformingGeek said...

@Boom Boom - Thanks. I hope we don't encounter her again.....

@Constant - Thanks. I could never text on a treadmill. I don't even think I could talk on a phone while on the treadmill or walk and chew gum at the same time. Nope. Not even gonna try.

MrsBlogAlot said...

I don't know why that caption made me want to rap.

We could put some music behind it and if we play it real loud nobody will notice the the crash and burn sound of Ms. Clueless.



....I know, you brownies, me... to much of the Evil Twin Koolaid (-:

Unknown said...

A pug haiku? Love the love pug. The movie 2012 was lame. My husband and I also laughed at the special effects. The title of the movie should have been: The world ends but the movie doesn't.

We've got drivers like that in CT. Haven't seen anyone texting while driving yet but those might be the swervers.

Evil Twin rocks!

honeypiehorse said...

I'm so glad that's not your dog.

ReformingGeek said...

@Mrsblogalot - Loud music! What a great idea. Step away from the twin. :)

@Lauren - Thanks. Crazy drivers are everywhere. Yeah, that movie just went on and on....

@honeypie - Nope. Not my pup. Poor thing.

Da Old Man said...

mmm, brownies

Wait, was the post about? I got short term memory issues.

Jean Knee said...

that pug's kinda creepy

ReformingGeek said...

@Da Old Man - It was about brownies, of course!

@jean - You'd be creep, too, if you were wearing that costume!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious!!! I feel sorry for that pug... poor thing, so cute! He just looks so miserable!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I don't understand pugs. Or Texas, as it turns out, somewhat coincidentally. We were just in Dallas last weekend. It was already 80 degrees there. I couldn't believe it. But I enjoyed it because it was a nice switch from the frigid temps we've had here until this week. Anyway, I will say this about Texans: They are the most aggressive drivers in the world, with or without cell phones on their ears. Okay, I'm done now.

ReformingGeek said...

@Jen - Thanks. Yeah, that poor dog. It sad when people subject them to that kind of abuse!

@Mike - We've had some warm days. Crazy. Crazy. Dallas driving is awful. People are very frustrated from all the construction and they just go nuts. But, I've seen that kind of driving in every large city. Fort Worth isn't quite as bad.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"