Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Superbowls of Gently Glazed Something

The snow and ice melted last Friday and Saturday.  The weather was great for the Super Bowl which probably helped with the traffic and the tailgating parties but the lid (roof) was closed so it had no effect on the game.   That just seems wrong.  It's football, folks!

Military jets did a flyover after Christina's interesting version of the national anthem.  Hum.... Maybe they showed the flyover on the recently upgraded video boards?

Giggle.

Over the weekend, the geek household enjoyed the opportunity to leave the house and get a few errands done.  It's non-stop fun around here when the truck gets inspected and the storm drain gets cleared.  Hubby and I were down on our hands and knees digging out mud, miscellaneous unidentifiable bones, and grass roots from this stubborn but effective storm drain.  Finally, the water starting coming through forming a small but unwanted watering hole.  The highlight of this adventure was Hubby creating a vacuum in a hose with an air compressor to start the flow of water out of the watering hole.  That's right.  Hubby understands Physics!

Um, yeah.  I can spell Physics.

The week starts again and we Texans are out and about with silly grins on our faces wearing light jackets and driving around on leftover sand.

Until today.  There is nasty white stuff on our streets.  Something that resembles snow but is more like sleet.  And it's cold and windy again.  WTF (FROSTING)?

Enough already.  Evil Twin has appealed to Old Man Winter and that fat furry rodent that didn't see its shadow on February 2nd.  Texas is tired of cold and this sorry excuse for snow that glazes our streets. Actually, I think Evil Twin is roasting that rodent while I'm typing this post.   She went out earlier.  I hope she was able to grab the yappy mutt that bit me on Sunday when I was out running.  Fortunately, only one of its nasty little fangs left a hole in my leg.  Ouch.

I should probably go check on her progress.  I'm getting hungry.

As for yappy mutts with fangs, got pepper spray? 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby understands physics?

Well I'm glad somebody does!

hee hee

Evil Twin. Tell her it's not time to eat the rodents. Yet.

bwahahahaha

Mama-Face said...

When I got the part about the hubby cleaning out the drain with the vacuum I thought, This is every man's dream.

Sounds dirty, but that is not what I mean. Get your mind out the gutter.

Dirty and Gutter. Get it?

I think you mean psychic. Your husband knew that drain was gonna clog.

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirky - Yeah. Me, too. The rodent got overcooked. I opted for a salad.

@mama-face - Yes, seeing a man operate a vacuum is very sexy. :) Haha. Nope. Hubby is not psychic and neither am I. I don't think I want to know the future.

The Old Silly said...

I understand physics - that's the what goes up must come down thingy, isn't it? Thought so ...

As for the white nasty stuff, we got about a foot of the stuff (dis)gracing our streets, but Groundhog saw his shadow so hoping for the old folk tale truism to be TRUE and and early Spring.

Oh, and here - the pepper spray? CATCH!

injaynesworld said...

Boy, you guys can't catch a break. We're having our fake-out spring here in California. Then in another couple of weeks the rain will start again.

Not that I'm complaining...

Anonymous said...

Bones? You found bones? Holy crap, I bet it's Jimmy Hoffa! As for hubby's ingenuity- that rocks. I love fizzix. Now, the dog... having experienced this same thing I have to recommend that you kick his fuzzy backside as if attempting to score three points through a goalpost somewhere in Oklahoma.

Unknown said...

Tell Evil Twin to leave the fat furry rodent alone. Doesn't she eat real food? If the FFR sees or doesn't see its shadow (wtf knows?), we'll have six more weeks of hell. On second thought, I've got a special relationship with Satan. I'll see if he can send some of that hot air above ground.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I'm sorry, I still don't feel sorry for you. It was -2 with a foot and a half of snow on the ground here this morning. Call me this summer, when it's about 150 degrees down there, and I'll be all over supportive. ;)

ReformingGeek said...

@Marvin - Thanks for the spray. Good Luck with that snow!

@Jayne - We should have spring-like temps next week!

@Jamie - Hee Hee. They are probably alien artifacts. I will working on my kicking skills. Thx!

@Lauren - If we go up to Yellowstone, I think we will find some of that hot air and water leaking up from the hot place. ET has re-focused her attention on the squirrels.

@Mike - You don't have to feel sorry for me but thanks anyway. :) Too bad about Colorado this year. Great skiing if you can get to the resorts, right?

Random Chick said...

It's about time someone roasted up that rodent. What the heck do ground hogs know about weather anyway???

Jean Knee said...

I think Phil is lying about an early spring

honeypiehorse said...

Wonderful stuff, pepper spray!

MrsBlogAlot said...

It's 50 degrees here today...either that or Evil Twin is more powerful than we think!

I'm sending her a thank you note just in case (-:

ReformingGeek said...

@Random - Useless rodent!

@Jean - Maybe he was thinking of this week but beware, March is coming!

@honeypie - I sure hope so.

@Mrsblogalot - We hit 70 yesterday. Bring it on.

Ed & Jeanne said...

So am I to understand that I can now blame your cold weather for my $20 head of lettuce at the store?

Suzanne said...

Deep fried ground hog is good eatin.
Yappy mutts can also be deep fried, just sayin.

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReformingGeek said...

@VE - Lettuce from Texas? Probably not. Try California. They are very easy to blame for all that ails us.

@Sue - That's good to know, Sue. :)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Hey! Where did this post come from? How did I miss it? Oh... it must have been covered in snow. That explains it!

The Constant Complainer said...

I thought about you during the Super Bowl and was going to see if you could pick me up some memorabilia. But I lucked out and had a buddy attend the game, so he hooked me up. But I did hear that it was particularly chilly, even for you guys, that day.

You were MIA for a little while on here, so it's good to see back and updating.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"