I started to do the "I Do NOT" meme but I kept wanting to do double negatives and I know that would drive everyone, including me, completely insane so I shoved that idea. Next, I thought about my bucket list. Well.....I don't really want to work that hard so I've decided to go with a just a few tidbits of things I'd like to do.
First up is more of a short-term goal. I've run a half-marathon (OK, 2 half-marathons) and I'm still undecided about a full marathon. I'm having some issues with injuries that will make training for this long of an event very miserable so I'm looking for other options for this here cardio junkie.
Next up is a triathlon. Good. Now I've said it so I need to commit to it. There is one problem: SWIMMING. I could swim like a fish when I was six but as an adult my crawl is anything but efficient and even though I'm in good shape, swimming laps kicks my rosy white ass.
I have access to a pool so I'll guess I will be putting on this hokey headgear and figuring out how to get from one end to the other:
Your goggles aren't black.
Yeah, well, so they're pink, OK?
And you don't have those shoulders, Yoga-Girl.
Well, OK. Fine. Just rub it in.
That reminds me. I need a massage.
Another small issue with triathlons is this outfit. Swim, bike, and run without changing clothes? OK. But a visit to the cute potty box? Not OK.
I'm thin but with no boobs. I'm curious as to how much padding will be needed here. I guess kleenex will be really icky when its wet, huh?
Yeah. I know. I'm crazy.
I like purple though!
Now it's on to the bucket list. Where's that bucket? I just saw it.
Oh, there it is. Oops. It looks like the cat......oh never mind.
- I want to visit all the National Parks and avoid dining with a bear. Afterall, I realize that I would be on the menu. Speaking of bears, if you encounter a black bear, which are sometimes brown, don't run away and don't climb a tree (They will come up the tree after you.) Fight back if attacked. If you encounter a grizzly bear, you'll know it. Don't run. Don't fight back and play dead. Oh, wait. I just heard not to play dead. It just makes it easier for them to eat you. So, in the end, if you end up in a confrontation with a grizzly, you're screwed. Nice knowin' you.
- I want to go to Australia and New Zealand. I want to see the Great Barrier Reef. Yes, I've heard about the poisonous jelly fish and the other lethal sea creatures and critters in the Land Down Under!
- I want to climb a mountain; at least a fourteener. Or better yet, maybe Hubby will carry me!
- I want to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and up the other side. Hubby just said I would be carrying him on this one.
- I want to learn to cross-country ski.
- I want to visit Russia. Hubby may banish me to Siberia.
Photo credits: Swimmer: istockphoto.com, Zootsuit: Some triathlon clothing retailer, Pink rose: ReformingGeek