Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dinner, or Lack Thereof, and Caption Contest!

I know. It's Thursday and you wanted dinner and I know I owe you some roasted bloggers but I'm taking a short break to sanitize the kitchen after making another batch of roadkill (or not so killed) stew. Hubby will eat good tonight just from what I encountered during my run on Wednesday:

1 juicy dead squirrel, ready for mashing
1 half-eaten unidentifiable bird
2 "yappy" poodles (need I say more)
Leftovers from whatever the redtail hawk dove down and grabbed with her talons, about 50 feet in front of me. WOW!

I'm just kidding. I don't really care for squirrel. I've heard it doesn't taste like chicken.

I hope I have not lost you because today's post is actually a caption contest. I need your best caption for this photo:


If you win, you will receive this geeky award that I hope you will display with pride:



I'll make sure Perspective Cat is fattened up and ready for the judging. Winner announced Sunday! Good Luck!

Photo credit: Little Spooks on flickr.com Creative Commons license (see sidebar)

18 comments:

United Studies said...

You're mind tricks don't work on me, little green guy! Oh wait...

Meg said...

Whoa...there must be whiskey in my sippy cup.

Anonymous said...

Ehm - you say the FORCE will be with me down WHERE in about 15 years?

Anonymous said...

"Sippy cup, you must drink!"

Jean Knee said...

crap..

Suzanne said...

"Yoda, buddy, the Jedi training and the Force thing sounds great but I have this gig with E-Trade that's turning out to be pretty lucrative. I think I'm going to have to pass pal, but thanks."

Marissa said...

"Future Sith Lord, you are. By your red eyes, I can tell."

Elizabeth said...

I can't think of anything cleaver, but I love reading all the other commenter's!

Unknown said...

Mom ?

Unknown said...

what the hell was in my applesauce?

SplitRock Dozer said...

Sense Wookiees in your shorts I do, young Padawan.

Nooter said...

another sign of the times, an out of work yoda was recently hired to beam cereal commercials directly into childrens heads

Shawn said...

"Too old. Too old to begin the training."

Machinist said...

Say! Aren't you the one that can't eat after midnight?

The Constant Complainer said...

This may sound gross, but I have eaten squirrel. LOL. When I was in college, the cook in the fraternity house cooked one up and told us it was chicken. We all smiled, thanked her and ate it. Dammit! Yuck.

Jen's Farmily said...

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be in my diaper?"

Ed & Jeanne said...

The farts are strong in you, I see, young padwong


Oh...and the gnomes tell me you've missed a post so far...there goes your ranking if you're not careful...it's cuthroat on my blogroll you know!

ReformingGeek said...

Thanks for all the great entries. I'm back in town and have to track down Perspective Cat to do the judging!

VE - Sometimes life just gets in the way!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"