Friday, May 1, 2009

H1N1 Snarcastic Mini-Rant

I don't know whether to make fun of local reaction to the potential pandemic or not. I do know that we want this H1N1 nastiness to go away but every time I turn around, something else is being canceled. I'm laughing but a part of me is saying don't. A major school district is closed again today. Should we start to worry about folks going crazy with cabin fever?

A-a-a-a-a CHOO! Excuse me while I grab a tissue. It's spring folks. People are sneezing for all kinds of reasons.

Canceling school may be a good move but do they realize kids are hanging out and sneezing on each other in the local parks or at the mall? You should probably stay away from Wally-World today as that sounds like a great place to find quality merchandise shop for cheap crap when the kids aren't in school.

I'm sure that there are not any teenagers kissing each other at Six Flags. Um...not that I ever kissed a boy on the Cave Ride (Don't tell my mom.) Yes, Six Flags over Texas is still open. Fleetwood Mac performed last night in Dallas and the Texas Rangers played a baseball game. But don't talk to me about them right now. Watching them play is putting me over the edge. Hubby has located the missing sleeve from my straight jacket and is making the call.

OK, that was fun. I love that kid's facial expression. Now back to the rant.

They are disinfecting some schools with bleach and other such environmentally and people friendly chemicals. Ick. That's right. Just plain ICK!

This is Texas. Some of us don't like being told we can't do things. From what I've heard, we should be seceding any day now. But hold yer horses, Gov'ner Ricky-Boy, we might need some help down here if things get a bit out of hand.

For now, I think I will just live my ever-so-interesting life normally. That's right. Blogging. Well, actually, it's also let the cat in and out while waiting for myself to re-invent myself and torturing my poor unsuspecting yoga students into pretzel positions. Ah. Such fun! I'm also being sucked into Facebook like that pathetic fly landing on the fly paper. Help! Help! It's another quiz (trying to control eye twitching). NO! NO! NO!

ReformingGeek, STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER! NOW!

In other news, around dusk last night, a couple of foxes (no, not ladies) came out of the woods and found a meal in my neighbor's yard. Even Hubby couldn't get great pictures of these elusive hungry beasts. They kept looking at us and licking their chops....not sure what that meant. Yes, I know that you only see one fox. The other one was already back in the woods.

That's my driveway that is yet again showing a good deal of tree poop. I'm still waiting on you guys to show up with your brooms and start sweeping.

Photo credits: sick guy: istockphoto.com, Fear motivational poster: some email, ReformingGeek's fox: Hubby

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This whole "panic" is insane! Not to make light of any flu, but regular flu kills thousands each year.

Nobody ain't worried about that one!

Gah!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I just got off the phone with your mother. She's both shocked and disappointed about the kissing incident...

Shawn said...

I feel confident that Facebook and Twitter are killing more people than the Swine F...er...H1N1 could ever dream of. Maybe not their bodies, but their souls. Oh yes, their souls.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

they should keep them in school and educate on washing and being aware of passing things around.

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirky - That's true. But I wonder if this flu is potentially more potent or they don't want yet another flu coming thru this season killing thousands.

@VE - You are truly evil. My mother will never be the same again.

@Shawn - Twitch. Twitch. Yep.

@Queez-Size = Amen!

Unknown said...

I'd come help you clean the tree poop.. but you know swine flu doesn't sound appealing and so far knock on wood... no cases in florida yet so far.. sorry bout yer luck!

Jean Knee said...

uhh

so where in Texas do you live?

I live in central Texas

Marissa said...

I'm curious - what "meal" did those foxes get from your neighbor's yard? Hopefully, not your meddling gardening neighbor, who may have caught swine flu and collapsed in the garden.

ReformingGeek said...

@dizzblnd - Thanks! Good luck with the H1N1!

@Jean - DFW

@Marissa - Dang! She wasn't taken. It was a bunny.

Jean Knee said...

If you knew where I lived it would drive you Wacko

wink wink

ReformingGeek said...

@Jean - Hum....yeah...ok. I'm West of the Lake.

nudge nudge

Elizabeth said...

No closings up here yet. I think this flu is so overblown. I didn't know Texas wanted to seceede, Alaska does too. We should join up and make our own country! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful morning....

Hey Reffie? I gall darn gone and done it again. If you'll kindly take a peek at my blog, you'll understand.

*smile*

ReformingGeek said...

@Elizabeth - Yeah. We could call it Texaka or Alaskatex. I hate both of those ideas. ;-)

@Quirky - Ohs noz. I'm on my way.

United Studies said...

I can't even watch the local news anymore, because they go on and on and on about this flu.

I have already decided that if there are cases of it near us, I am staying home. It's not that I am afraid of dying if I get the disease, it would just be inconvenient to get it. Especially since I am starting to send out my resume. I don't want to be quarantined in my home with the pig flu and get a call from my dream job.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Facebook quizzes. Speaking of which, have you tried the Living Social quizzes? Oh, they're a real time suck. You should try. Half of my night gone last night, like that. I think that's the real epidemic.

Nooter said...

'hey.. foxy lady'um, geek, can i get your little friends number?

ReformingGeek said...

@Jacki - Good luck on your job search and yes, it would be inconvenient to be ill and you wouldn't want your family to catch it.

@unfinished - Unfortunately, yes I have and I want my hours back.

@Nooter - Sure. It's 817-555-5555.

Betty said...

Ha, swine flu. So funny. My kid went to school an told everyone that swine flu would make them bleed out of the their butts and die. I'm so proud of her.

Mike said...

Swines bleeding out the butt! HAHA! Maybe it's a pigs menstral cycle that's causing people to be sick, they should call it the Swine Flow!


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"