OK, folks. Do we not know how to shower without the shower area looking like we've had a flood? If you're a guy, you're probably already thinking that showering is like shopping, a necessary evil and you are most likely very confused by all my fussing.
I'm working part-time at a gym right now. Most of you gym junkies, monkeys, and lizards are doing a great job keeping the place presentable but some of you leave something to be desired. You have become blog fodder and I thank you for the material for today's post.
I have seen the showers after you have been in them and I am not amused. So, guys, after you've finished, do you gather in the middle of the floor for a chat or what? The entire area in front of the showers is dripping wet. And guys, I'm a lady (no, really) and I don't like going in your locker room to tidy-up when I don't know if you're in there dangling around uncovered. Not that I'm a prude but I get my kicks from......
What, did you think I was going to tell you?
1. Undress at your locker. Wrap a towel around the areas that are supposed to be covered please.
Your sweaty clothes go in the locker or in your bag. NOT ON THE FLOOR!
Your bag goes on the floor under a bench or somewhere else out of the way. We have limited space folks. Be courteous!
2. Walk directly to the shower. Do not pass go (or gas). Do not collect gossip on the way.
3. While in the showering area, place your towel on the rack or on a stool. Get in the shower and close the curtain - all the way.
4. Turn on the water. Get in (I don't care if the water is still cold). Take care of the cleaning business quickly using soap sparingly. After all, we need to be a greener society right and I don't want to be filling your soap dispenser every day, OK?
5. Turn off the water and towel off in the shower. Step out of the shower on your hand/sweat towel. Complete the drying off process.
6. Clean the shower with the provided squeegee.
No, not really. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.
7. Stay covered while you finish grooming yourself.
8. Get dressed and get the HECK out of MY gym, placing your used towels in the bin.
Just kidding. I know it's YOUR gym. I just couldn't resist.
And, another thing. Don't ever be rude to the poor sod at the front desk (that's me) who is making sure you have an effing towel for your shower or I WILL SPIT ON YOUR SPIN BIKE ! ! !
Do you think I'm kidding? ;-)