Friday, January 1, 2010

Reset, Start Again, Here's 2010

Welcome to the other side! That's right. I woke up this morning and 2010 had arrived. The evil villain from Star Trek had not inserted the red matter into the core of our planet vaporizing it and replacing it with a black hole. Yes, I've seen Star Trek a few times now and it always ends the same. Huh. Fancy that.

I love that movie.

I wonder if James T. Kirk is free tonight.

Back to last night. I "celebrated" the end of 2009 and the impending arrival of 2010. We watched movies, ate Mexican food, and drank a little beer. I looked at a friend's photos from their ski trip on Facebook. Then I started daydreaming about being on the ski slopes. I pictured myself making perfect 'S' turns down a challenging run. It looks so simple on TV and all the ski brochures show graceful skiers dancing thru powder like it's air. Um, no. THEY LIE! Also, my over-40 knees feel every bit of the terrain on bump slopes. OK. They feel it on every slope. Sheesh!

I immediately shifted gears. My daydream put me in a nice warm massaging spa. Ahhhh.

I'm not so sure about Cat this morning. He's still asleep upstairs somewhere. This is after curling up against me all evening while Hubby and I watched movies. Do cats do anything else besides sleep, eat, fart, and poop? Oh yeah. They whine. They know one word and the evil beasts can pronounce it in the most pathetic and/or annoying way to get your attention.

When I came downstairs this morning, my "holiday" amaryllis had opened up:



Ahhhhhh. Welcome to 2010. Blessings to you and your family.


Photos: ReformingGeek

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Reffie!

You're the best BBFF a blogger friend could have!

*smooch*

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I forgot (typical).

Cats do do more than poop, sleep, and fart and whine.

They terrorize!

heh heh heh

K A B L O O E Y said...

You forgot one: they purr. If people purred, I might get into even more trouble. Purring would surely screw with my judgement. Happy 2010 from this former Captain Kirk fan to you and your family.

ReformingGeek said...

@Quirky - That's right. Lions are scary. **Smooch**

@Kablooey - Yes, indeed, and if we could channel that purr energy, we'd be rich!

The Old Silly said...

What a wonderful way to wake up and "blossom" open into a new beginning and year, hmm? All the best to you and yours in 2010, Reffie!

Marvin D Wilson

Mike said...

Yea, a massage spa sounds like a good fantasy.

I love a woman who is willing to brag about her open amaryllis!! haha!

Mama-Face said...

I love your attitude...RESET.

You need to visit me...we have a ton of new powder. Not that I leave my house to enjoy it; but it's all anyone finds interesting to talk about here. Stupid outdoorsy people. Just kidding. um...just in case...Powder=Snow.

So why do you have a cat? More joshing.

happy new year.

gayle said...

Love the picture!! I know what you mean about a cat...my cats name is Fancie!!

Moonrayvenne said...

It sure would be nice to be a cat, huh?
The skiing does NOT sound good to me. Besides the +40 knees, I hate the cold. On the other hand, a nice warm massaging spa sounds fabulous!
The pics are just gorgeous!
Happy New Year to you & your fam. I hope 2010 is the best ever!
I'm so happy that I got to "meet" you this past year & found a new friend! (((HUGS)))

Chris said...

Back atcha, Ref! Make it a great 2010!

ReformingGeek said...

@otin - Um...... ;-)

@mama-face - But you won't tell me where you live. I'm guessing Colorado or Utah. I think you are afraid of geeks bearing cats.

@gayle - Thanks. My cat is called Vader, as in Darth!

@Collette - Thanks. It's been fun meeting you, too. I'm looking forward to a great year in Blogville.

@Knucklehead - Thanks!

Me-Me King said...

Your flower is loverly! Here's hoping you have a bright and prosperous new year.

Meg said...

How beautiful. We've got snow and bitter cold here.

Happy New Year. I hope to be around more in 2010.

ReformingGeek said...

@Me-Me - Thanks and you, too! Bring in on!

@Prefers - Thanks. Sorry about the bitter cold. I do hope to see more of you in 2010!

Suzanne said...

We won't see flowers until Aprilish. Except poinsettias and I already killed one of mine. Turns out it needed water....huh.
Happy New Year Carol!

honeypiehorse said...

I love movies and Mexican food. And I loved the Star trek movie but didn't understand why someone who has an opportunity to go BACK IN TIME and SAVE HIS PLANET wastes it completely. What a lame ass villain.

UberGrumpy said...

Star Trek fan eh? Excellent. I forgive you for owning a cat

ReformingGeek said...

@Sue - Thanks! These flowers were grown inside. The bulb in 5 weeks instead of the projected 6 - 8 weeks. I'm impressed.

I prefer the "fake" poinsettias. ;-)

@honeypie - No kidding but doesn't it always work that way?

@UberGrumpy - Thanks. I feel so much better now.

Fanboy Wife said...

Instead of going back in time to chase after the angry Romulan, why didn't Spock just go back in time and prevent irking that alien? It would have been a lot easier. Regardless, Spock will grow up, know not to make the Romulans mad, which will prevent the need for time travel, which will cancel out the need to make that movie. (My husband loved that movie, so I have to hate it by default.)

The Constant Complainer said...

Happy New Year! I actually made it to New Year's, believe it or not. We took our daughter to see "The Princess and the Frog" - which was excellent. Then had a laid back family New Year's Eve. At about 12:01, I would out. LOL.


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"