OK folks, it looks like we're stuck on this mountain overnight. Let's get in the tent out of the rain so we can open our packs and turn out our pockets and see what we have for food tonight.
Wow. This is an interesting pile of, er, stuff:
- $1.53 - I hope that's not all you have for my tip.
- 1 broken and crumbly granola bar - Ok, this looks promising.
- 3 used tissues - I sure hope that isn't from your last trip to the bushes, Joe.
- 2 dog biscuits - Well, um, Rover won't go hungry.
- Rover - No, we're not that desperate. Keep him away from that granola bar.
- A pocket knife - Aha!
Here's the plan. There is a reason this canyon is called Rattlesnake Canyon. What do you think we've been hearing? Joe, you're looking brave and I bet you're skilled with that knife. You kill a few of those snakes. The rest of us will see if we can get a fire going.
Cheer up, folks. They taste like chicken.
More chickens are laying eggs here.