Sunday, September 8, 2013

30 Days of Photographs IV - Texture

Since we do a lot of home projects and our friends are undergoing a major home renovation, my first thought was wall texture.  Exciting stuff, right?  Um, no, not around here.  You are fortunate.  I will not be presenting a photo of our wall or ceiling texture, much to Evil Twin's disappointment.  What I do have for you is a photo of one of the SEVEN pine trees growing in my front yard that I did not plant.  They came from my neighbor's pine tree, as far as I can tell. After I took the photos for yesterday's prompt, I realized that because everything is green (YEA!), they just disappeared.  This photo, though, shows a little depth, a little texture, and will have the honors for today's prompt:

This is the largest of the pines.  I'm so proud of it!


For other textures, wall or otherwise, go to Ziva's house.

16 comments:

Nora Blithe said...

Pine bark has the best texture! All other trees should be jealous. Except maybe for birch. Birch is good too.

Cheryl said...

Nora's lying. Pine bark pales in comparison to the hard woods. Ahem.

I love your excitement over your 7 pines. When I was a kid, I planted a maple tree in a little pot and kept it on my windowsill. The thrill of watching the seed break through the earth was nothing short of orgasmic. There's just something so special about watching a tree start from seed and reach up towards the sky that's so thrilling, it's almost indescribable.

Wishing your trees much growth and production of many cones.

nonamedufus said...

Very nice. I'm pining for more pics like this.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I love the soft texture of white pine needles.

Unknown said...

The shadows and light enhance the textures. Lovely shot.

meleah rebeccah said...

that looks really peaceful!

ReformingGeek said...

@Nora - My oaks look done on my pines. :)

@Cheryl - Got elm? Thanks. I can see you understand perfectly!

@Noname - You've come to the right place.

@Paula - White pine needles? Do they have know on them?

@Lauren - Thanks!

@Meleah - It is nice and quiet out here, most of the time. I think the tree likes it.

Ziva said...

Great choice going with this instead of wall texture. :D I love the photo, it kind of looks like Finland.

mike said...

Love the shot. It looks autumny somehow even though it's green and sunny.

Janine Kain said...

can almost smell the nature !

Nicky said...

You have a really pretty front yard. Lucky for you it's a very textured pretty. :-)

ReformingGeek said...

@Ziva - Thanks! I'm proud of this part of my yard.

@mike - Thanks. I'm getting a lot of leaves but I think the cooler temps of fall are a ways off. Sigh.

@Janie - Follow you nose!

@Nicky - Thanks! I love gardening.

Katherine said...

You can have some of MY pine trees! I have oodles of them!

That is such a pretty area. Time to break out the picnic basket!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

It's definitely a nicer picture than wall texture, which I'm sadly all too familiar with lately. Selling a house is a pain.

StarTraci said...

Beautiful trees!
:-)
Traci

Malisa said...

My favorite tree bark is Aspen, but there aren't many of those in the Metroplex, are there? :)


"1.00s, 1.50s, 1.75s for the short arms. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably old, too."

"Boomer brain fog: What was the last, middle, and first part of what you just said to me?"